Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mitt Romney Enrages AFA By Hiring a Gay Man

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 16,256 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Mittens Romney, widely considered to be the leading Rethuglican candidate to lose the election for President, has enraged the anti-gay hate group American Family Association by hiring a gay man to act as his spokesperson on foreign policy matters.

Mittens hires one gay man, homo haters go bananas.

The appointment, which was announced over the weekend, has drawn predictable outrage from some social and religious conservatives. Bryan Fischer of the Mississippi-based American Family Association immediately denounced Grenell as an “out and loud gay,” and that Romney’s appointment was a “message to the pro-family community” to “drop dead.”

(source)

And just when I made a fresh batch of popcorn.
Posted Image

Go get 'em, Mittens!

"Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them."

--Lao Tzu

Great Ape

Great Ape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationTexas
Oh my, Mittens has angered the American Family Association. This should be fun to watch. Move over and give me some of that popcorn. :-)

Edited by Great Ape, 02 May 2012 - 05:28 AM.

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”

~Charles Darwin~
Posted Image Posted Image

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 16,256 posts
Here, I added olive oil and salt.

--Lao Tzu

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
I'm sure it was a calculated strategy.

Great Ape

Great Ape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationTexas

I'm sure it was a calculated strategy.

Me too, I think Mittens is after the gay vote. *passes the popcorn to Storybook*
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”

~Charles Darwin~

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 16,256 posts

Me too, I think Mittens is after the gay vote. *passes the popcorn to Storybook*

I shudder at the thought, but acknowledge it is real, that there actually are some gay people who vote Republican. I guess if you love money enough you'll put up with almost anything to worship at the altar of greed.

Mittens is pro gay rights in the same way as I am a leading proponent of Catholicism: not.

Of course Mittens would be perfectly happy if I voted against my own civil rights.

--Lao Tzu

Great Ape

Great Ape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationTexas
Mitt Romney’s Appointment of Gay Aide Richard Grenell Signals New Attitude

Last week, Mitt Romney hired Richard Grenell as his new foreign policy spokesman. Grenell was President Bush’s communications director at the United Nations for eight years, and has been a spokesman for a handful of prominent Republicans such as George Pataki and Dave Camp.

Along with his qualifications, Grenell is also gay.

When the campaign announced the hire, Grenell’s sexual orientation wasn’t noted in media coverage, nor, arguably, should it have been. He got in a bit of a tangle for scrubbing his Twitter profile to erase messages he wrote about Newt Gingrich and his wife, but that was about the only newsworthy development in the hiring announcement.

That is, until a gay-bashing radio host at the American Family Association wrote in his blog that by appointing Grenell, Romney was telling the so-called pro-family community to “drop dead.” CNN amplified that message from Bryan Fischer by inviting him on for an interview.

“The homosexual agenda represents the single-greatest threat to religious liberty and freedom of association in America today,” Fischer declared.

The problem, gay Republicans say, is not that homophobes like Fischer are still around but that a person’s sexual orientation is still newsworthy enough to provide a cheap story or mini-controversy.

Grenell isn’t the first gay person Romney has hired, and he probably won’t be the last.

“Bringing orientation into the matter is ludicrous,” said R. Clarke Cooper, the executive director of the Log Cabin Republicans, which supports gay and lesbian rights. “I still can’t figure out why it’s such a big deal that Rick’s orientation has been made a point, when he is not the first or last gay person to be hired by a Republican candidate or a Republican official.”

Gay marriage advocates rejoiced this year when their movement gained ground, notably in Maryland, where lawmakers of both parties passed a bill to allow gay marriage. Republicans in particular saw it as evidence, reinforced by polling data, that more and more Americans were becoming more accepting of it.

Grenell’s appointment also signaled that the Romney campaign had fully moved on from the primary in which the former Massachusetts governor vaulted to the right wing of his party to win conservative voters who were less likely to support gay rights.

In a general election, however, being open to gay rights could even help Romney win some independent voters – especially against a president who has been timid about outright support of gay marriage.

“Those younger voters that are oh so important to winning elections, those young voters who become future candidates themselves, they don’t judge people on their orientation,” Cooper, who worked in the Bush administration on United Nations issues, said.

Fred Karger, a gay Republican activist who waged a long-shot bid for his party’s presidential nomination, said he ran for president to show that “anyone should be able to work for any Republican regardless of sexual orientation.

“I think acceptance is there,” he said. “People now, like Rick Grenell, can be out and working. And he was for eight years in the Bush administration, at a very high level with security clearance in the State Department.

“All we are striving for,” said Karger, “is just to be accepted and treated no differently.”

[Source]

The two things I took away from this article are, 1) acceptance of gays in politics is growing and 2) Mitt Romney is courting the gay vote.

The first is a good thing while the second is not so good. [smilie=cool_goatee.gif]

Edited by Great Ape, 29 April 2012 - 08:40 AM.

~Charles Darwin~

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 16,256 posts
Of course where Mittens is concerned it would be naive to expect him to act on the basis of his stated opinions since for each issue he supports all possible positions, usually sequentially or based on the context of a question.

The probability of Mittens acting in a particular fashion can not be predicted based only on his stated positions.

Perhaps past behavior of Mittens is a more reliable predictor of future Mittens behavior.

Based on his unqualified opposition to equal rights under the law in Massachusetts, and his failed attempts to oppose gay marriage it seems prudent to believe he is intentionally stating positions he does not in fact support.

(null)

--Lao Tzu

Great Ape

Great Ape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationTexas

Of course where Mittens is concerned it would be naive to expect him to act on the basis of his stated opinions since for each issue he supports all possible positions, usually sequentially or based on the context of a question.

Willard Mitt Romey is a big ole flippy flopper. Hopefully, he will flip flop himself right out of electability.

Posted Image

Edited by Great Ape, 29 April 2012 - 03:31 PM.

~Charles Darwin~

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,299 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia
I love that cartoon :)
Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Great Ape

Great Ape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationTexas

I love that cartoon :-)

Thanks Joe. Here's a couple more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Great Ape, 29 April 2012 - 02:30 PM.

• Storybook likes this

~Charles Darwin~

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 16,256 posts
You saved the best for last.

Reporter: "Are the flip flopping allegations against you fair?"
Mittens: "Yes and no."

I can easily visualize that exact conversation taking place, delicious satire, and so well earned by Mittens.

--Lao Tzu

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
It didn't last long!!! [smilie=graytard.gif]

Mitt Romney’s Sexist Spokesman Is Forced to Resign Because He’s Gay

Last week, we introduced you to Richard Grenell, the man who had just been hired as Mitt Romney's national security and foreign policy spokesman. We also introduced you to a variety of mean and often sexist tweets that Grenell had gone in and deleted from his Twitter account because they made him look like a total asshat. Well, the good news is that he abruptly resigned from his job today, so we won't have to contend with his sexist remarks and general incompetence.

The bad news, however, is that the reason Grenell stepped down is because he was under heavy attack from anti-gay GOP groups who had it out for him because he is openly gay. Not cool. Not cool, at all. Apparently his boss, Mitt Romney, responded to the nasty attacks on Grenell by essentially hiding him from public view. What a brave and courageous leader that Mittens is! This decision was understandably frustrating to Grenell, whose entire job was to be a public voice for the campaign. So, he said whatever the Republican equivalent of "peace out" is and decamped for less controversial (and probably more profitable) pastures.

http://jezebel.com/5...because-hes-gay

Great Ape

Great Ape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationTexas

It didn't last long!!! [smilie=graytard.gif]

Wow, it sure didn't. That was quick.

The Christian right is already celebrating too. Their touting it as a huge win for their side. Bryan Fischer is crowing about Grenell's resignation on his talk radio show, Focal Point. Bryan J. Fischer is the Director of Issues Analysis for the American Family Association.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGc6ldB8i44

I found this comment on Jezebel where the article comes from. I thought it was relevant.

I do not understand how any gay men or lesbians can work with the Republican Party. I get it, there are homosexuals who identify politically as conservative. But don't they realize that no matter how conservative their politics are with regards to fiscal policy or foreign relations, no matter how much they want to lower taxes and cut back on entitlement spending, no matter how hawkish they are, the GOP is not on their side? The Republican Party does not like them. The Republicans do not have their best interests at heart.

Sure, they will accept their campaign contributions, their volunteer work, and their votes. They'll even hire them as campaign advisers if they're good at it. But they will stab them in the backs if it becomes politically convenient to do so, or when they are no longer needed. They will use their help to get elected, and then turn around and pass laws that hurt them just because of who they are. Gays, Lesbians, call yourselves conservative all you want, but as far as the GOP is concerned, you are not one of them. And you never will be.

Edited by Great Ape, 01 May 2012 - 10:22 PM.

~Charles Darwin~

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 16,256 posts
In a perfect world I certainly would expect gay and Republican to be mutually exclusive terms, but then again in a perfect world there would be no Republicans.

EDITED TO ADD

At least now we know which sides of this workplace rights issue Mittens supports; that gays should have an equal opportunity to be fired for being gay.

--Lao Tzu

Great Ape

Great Ape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationTexas

At least now we know which sides of this workplace rights issue Mittens supports; that gays should have an equal opportunity to be fired for being gay.

Mittens is a flippy flopper. When it is expedient for him to hire gays he does, when it isn't he gets rid of them.

flippy floppy....flippy floppy.....flippy floppy....

Posted Image

Edited by Great Ape, 02 May 2012 - 05:41 AM.

~Charles Darwin~

Great Ape

Great Ape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationTexas
Via Politico: "A turbulent two-week saga surrounding Mitt Romney's choice of a foreign policy spokesman came to an abrupt end Tuesday, as Richard Grenell announced he was resigning from his position with the former Massachusetts governor's presidential campaign. The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.

~Charles Darwin~

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 16,256 posts

So the hate monger from the recognized hate group is glad a man lost his job just because he is gay. I acknowledge the clear and obvious fact that Bryan Fischer is a Christian, indeed a heroically- Christian Christian.

--Lao Tzu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users