Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Objections to Georgia High School Religious Elements in Sports

- - - - - Chestatee High School American Humanists prayer sports high school American Humanist Association Gainesville Georgia football

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,416 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

The American Humanist Association have sent a letter to a Gainesville, Georgia high school objecting to the introduction of Christian-brand prayer in football team activities as well as use of Bible quotes on team documents.  It is, of course, still considered unconstitutional for a government agency to endorse a particular brand of religious fiction.

The letter claims that football coaches at Chestatee High School have regularly led and participated in prayer with students, and provides a photograph of the activity as evidence. Additional claims, also supported by photographs, show that official team documents, workout sheets, and pregame banners have featured prominent references to Bible verses.

Naughty Chestatee High School!  

story

Constantly recruiting people into their lifestyle choice much?

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,892 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

The Christian teachers will be delighted - at last they've hit the headlines, which is probably what they wanted all along.

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,416 posts

Plus I think there might be some "martyrdoms" when the school district caves in to the Constitution.  They can complain that activist school board members have sided with the forces of darkness and of course the persecution.

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,892 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that actually teaching Christianity to students is not very high on their list of priorities. It's all about them: "Look at me Jesus. See how hard I work for you. Aren't I special?"

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)
If they teach Christianity as well as they teach math, science and history -- Atheism will be dominant in three generations.
Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,416 posts

If they teach Christianity as well as they teach math, science and history -- Atheism will be dominant in three generations.

I love your optimism.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

I love your optimism.

It is pessimism. Look how well they teach math, science and history. Still, if we put the same education system behind the teaching of religion; perhaps it will be the same disaster. I suppose that would be good news.
Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chestatee High School, American Humanists, prayer, sports, high school, American Humanist Association, Gainesville, Georgia, football

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users