Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Media Kiss Pope’s Ass

- - - - - CNN FtTP hat MSM mainstream media Pope Francis silly hat talking pope visit USA

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,725 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

There is one borderline fanatical Catholic in my household, and she is hanging on Francis the Talking Pope’s every move. It is not difficult. While she is normally addicted to EWTN, CNN has non-stop coverage of FtTP’s visit (while all wars, crime, natural disasters, and acts of good will on planet Earth are suspended); and CNN is certainly more entertaining than EWTN, even for a Catholic.

As such, in spite of myself, I can’t help noticing an aspect of media coverage: they are fawning all over this fallen descendent of Adam product of theistic evolution. While FtTP is a breath of relatively fresh air, too much of a relatively good thing gets wearying. Besides, however relatively nice FtTP is, the media coverage is saccharine. [smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=puking.gif]

For example, some reporters have been refering to him as “the holy father.” Holy father to whom? The USA is a religiously pluralistic society, and less than 1/4 of Americans are Catholic.

And finally, here, the reporter compares swapping hats with giving the poor the clothes off one’s back!

Did the Jesus character in the gospel novels ever mention anything about swapping hats with the poor?

• Great Ape likes this
“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,725 posts

(while all wars, crime, natural disasters, and acts of good will on planet Earth are suspended)

My mom said that Pope Francis has trumped media coverage of John Boehner’s resignation. Then she caught herself. She accidentally said “Trumped.” :cherry:

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,456 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

My mom said that Pope Francis has trumped media coverage of John Boehner’s resignation. Then she caught herself. She accidentally said “Trumped.” :cherry:

He'll be the "Best President God ever created!"

And you're right about FtTP.  I very much like the way he told off the enemies of the people, but please, his shit stinks.

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,923 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

He's leading his flock back into the Dark Ages and they're quite happy with the idea.

Pope Francis is being credited for a recent revival in interest in exorcisms among the faithful and Catholic clergy, a practice that until his appointment as pontiff was largely taboo in modern Catholicism. Dioceses across Europe and Latin American in particular have seen an uptick in the number of reported possessions and many have responded with increased training.
[...]
“This generation, and many others, have been led to believe that the devil is a myth, a figure, an idea, the idea of evil,” Francis said in a Mass just before Halloween last year. “But the devil exists and we must fight against him.”

Father Cesare Truqui, a Switzerland-based exorcist, told the Telegraph that a third of calls received by Catholic officials in Rome are requests for exorcisms. Officials in Rome have responded accordingly, training more of their priests for exorcisms. Their counterparts across Italy, in the U.K. and in Spain have seen a similar resurgence in interest and also have offered more training to priests.

http://www.ibtimes.c...-church-1884000

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,456 posts

And of course this renewed interest in scary demons will certainly increase cash flow from people with reduced thinking skills.  Something scary to fear! 

I've been told before that I am possessed by demons because teh gay.   Two things everyone who has told me that seemed to have in common are stupidity and ignorance.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,725 posts

He'll be the "Best President God ever created!"

I don't know whether or not the bloviating ignoramus believes that a god exists, but he's damn well only pretending to be a Christian. (He thinks Christians are stupid enough to fall for his act. I'm worried he may be right about a sufficient number of them.)

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,456 posts

The only context in which Trump believes in God is the references to Sky Monsters on US currency.   In money he trusts, and it is clear that within the false premise lifestyle community he is a very big hit.

Bigotry goes down easier for a muggle if you sprinkle jesus on it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CNN, FtTP, hat, MSM, mainstream media, Pope Francis, silly hat, talking pope, visit, USA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users