Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

News Flash! Pope Francis Is Still Catholic

- - - - - conscientious objection FtTP gay marriage Kim Davis marriage equality Pope Francis

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,725 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

But we all knew that already. I guess this post is for progressive Christian lurkers.

Like the popes before him, he only cites separation of religion and government when it suits his agenda.

I must disagree with Hannah Cranston on a couple of points. First, I have had no hopes dashed over this pope. I treat everything good he says as a pleasant surprise, and always with a salt shaker nearby. And second, Christianity has too much baggage for me to find Baby Pope cute.

John is right. Kim Davis has the right to conscientious objection. She does not have the right to impose her conscientious objection on other people, nor, I might add, the moral right to collect her paycheck while conscientiously objecting to her job. (I am reminded of a certain webmaster who once conscientiously objected to killing Vietnamese people in Vietnam, yet did not attempt to take advantage of the GI Bill or collect veterans benefits.)

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conscientious objection, FtTP, gay marriage, Kim Davis, marriage equality, Pope Francis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users