Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is Prayer Simply Asexual Masturbation?

- - - - - Kaveh Mousavi prayer masturbation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,416 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Over at Patheos a less known blogger suggests that prayer and masturbation are different manifestations of the same thing.  

The argument presented by Kaveh Mousavi is somewhat clever, however I suspect masturbation may be better for you, as it includes, typically, at least a few seconds of elevated heart rate, not a phenomenon typically associated with prayer.

Masturbation and prayer are, basically, the same thing. You’re thinking of someone else who will not be affected by your actions, or you’re thinking of someone who doesn’t exist, and you feel satisfied because of this private action.

Patheos

Take good care of your heart and circulatory system by masturbating instead of praying.

My own discovery of masturbation prompted a re-examination of the crap pumped into my skull by HRCC in my childhood.  Once my developing critical thinking skills turned their focus onto theology the writing was on the wall for horrendously manipulative bullshit used to control people's lives.

I quickly realized that any creature that wanted to torture me eternally for such a victimless non-crime was simply my enemy. As I considered how I might defeat an invisible antagonist with superpowers I soon realized that if something is so preposterous that it could not be true, then it is not true.

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,892 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

With carefully chosen words it is often possible to find similarities (and contradictions) between two different subjects.

I remember my school English lessons when we would be given two poems for consideration. On the first day we would compare them. On the second day we would contrast them.

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kaveh Mousavi, prayer, masturbation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users