Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gimme Shelter

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Posted Image
Oh, a storm is threat'ning
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter
Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away
War, children, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
Ooh, see the fire is sweepin'
Our very street today
Burns like a red coal carpet
Mad bull lost your way
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
Rape, murder!
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
Rape, murder!
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
Rape, murder!
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
The floods is threat'ning
My very life today
Gimme, gimme shelter
Or I'm gonna fade away
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
I tell you love, sister, it's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
Kiss away, kiss away

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
And some wonder why many people hate America!  :smt093

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Except this was a little palestinian girl hit by an Isralie rocket. Then again, the US supports these land grabbing religious bastards so yeah, you are correct in many ways.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier

And some wonder why many people hate America!  :smt093

Yes, America unilaterally supports this kind of human rights abuse, because Israel is a supposed democracy (like ours :roll:) and because we perpetrate the exact same shit on little Iraqi kids all the time as well. Oh, and we've also got dangerous Dominionist idiots in the gov't who believe that preserving Israel will bring about the Rapture or some such BS.

I'm still pissed about how Israel handled the Hezbollah mess last year. They got nothing but support from us, as they needlessly destroyed infrastructure like hospitals, electric plants, food stores etc. in Lebanon, as if the stupid bastards had no clue about how to handle terrorists and instead decided to wage war on the populace at large.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
What is this world coming to?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
The "world" is the same as it has always been. The only difference is now we are able to see atrocities up close and within minutes of their occurence.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

The "world" is the same as it has always been. The only difference is now we are able to see atrocities up close and within minutes of their occurence.

I've always thought the same thing.  You know how you see the "Catch A Predator" programs?  Someone made a comment "Wow...why are there so many pedophiles these days?".  And it does seem that way, there's always a story in the paper or online.  But then you realize, there are the exact same number of pedophiles in 2007 that there were in 1958, only now the news media reports it and analyzes it.  50 years ago it was all hush-hush.

The war journalism is the same thing.  Poor little girls have been getting their legs blown off since the discovery of gunpowder.  The only difference is that now someone is there to document and report it.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,828 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I think the world, as bad as it is, is still not as bad as it was in the past.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

I think the world, as bad as it is, is still not as bad as it was in the past.

Perhaps, but if that's true then the photojournalist's and war correspondents are in large part responsible for that.  Having one's deeds on every front page and television screen in the world will make one pause and consider one's actions.  Not stop them mind you...but definitely give pause.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users