Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primary Day

- - - - - primaries primary election election Virgin Islands

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,680 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Polls open in a few hours, and I still don't know whom I'm going to vote for.

The incumbent delegate to Congress (D) has pointed out irregularities in the primary challenger's paperwork, but then it turns out she's had finance reporting irregularities as well. And now the Rethuglican candidate is tossing rock stones from his glass house. Oy vey. :roll:

At least two of my Facebook friends—one of whom was a Clinton delegate in Philadelphia—are running for local office.

Reruns of the debates are scheduled for TV during the day.

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,300 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

What sort of offices are your Facebook friends seeking?  

I learned recently that our Rethuglican US Representative lives on a nearby street, the street just to our south, where the rear access lane ends.  Riverside County, where we have now lived for 15 years, is very Rethuglican.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,680 posts

What sort of offices are your Facebook friends seeking?

I managed to find a sample ballot, and neither of them seem to be on it.

The Hillary delegate is running for chairperson of the local Demoncratic Party. I also just found out that she was one of those unelected superdelegates at the ironically named “Democratic” National Convention, ex-officio I suspect.

The other is running for senator as an independent, and thus will not appear on any primary ballot.

Also running for reelection is the husband of a FB friend and former classmate.

(Then there is comedian and open Satanist Steve Hill, but he’s in California.)

After watching a rerun of the local senate debates, I’ve pretty much made up my mind. I always mark a sample ballot ahead of time so that my meat brain will not be swayed by those incessant barkers congregating at the legal perimeter of the polling place. The congressional debate will rerun later today.

I shall wear my secular values voter button. A couple of elections ago, one of the candidates had dispatched a child to convince me to vote for him because he loved Jesus. I politely informed the child along the lines that I was voting for senator, not pastor.

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,680 posts

I learned recently that our Rethuglican US Representative lives on a nearby street, the street just to our south, where the rear access lane ends.  Riverside County, where we have now lived for 15 years, is very Rethuglican.

Know anything about this clown?

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,680 posts

The congressional debate will rerun later today.

The incumbent delegate seems to know a lot more about how Washington works, and talks a lot about the relationships she's built in her first 18 months on the job. The challenger claims that all this has not produced any results for the Virgin Islands. May have to flip a coin on this one.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,300 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Know anything about this clown?

Nathan Miller, the hangman's noose cartoon guy, lives here in Corona too.  When I showed that image to DH he said "Looks like the Secret Service should visit him."

The man is reprehensible and so is his political party.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,680 posts

The Hillary delegate is running for chairperson of the local Demoncratic Party. I also just found out that she was one of those unelected superdelegates at the ironically named “Democratic” National Convention, ex-officio I suspect.

I just found out that she was convicted of embezzlement 10 years ago. The the conviction was overturned, but then the overturning was recently reversed—by my former classmate. Ah, life in a small community. This was in the news because the defense failed to appeal in time, and the judge delayed sentencing. It looks like 10 years.

She wouldn't be the first friend of mine to be jailed for embezzlement. There was also the former classmate who paid for her $100,000 wedding with public funds.

The other is running for senator as an independent, and thus will not appear on any primary ballot.

She lost in the general.

Also running for reelection is the husband of a FB friend and former classmate.

He won.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,680 posts

... And the Demoncratic leadership is still puzzled at why people are pissed off at them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: primaries, primary election, election, Virgin Islands

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users