Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cindy Sheehan Talks About Our Glorious Christian Leader

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Speaking in Boulder, CO on October 12, 2006, Cindy Sheehan, the famous mother who lost her son in Iraq, had a few things to say about Our Glorious Christian Leader. She said U.S. soldiers should dress like NASCAR drivers, with decals for Halliburton, Exxon, McDonald's and Coca-Cola.

Three hundred people cheered Thursday night when she said President Bush should be put in prison. And they clapped when Sheehan said that when Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez called Bush a devil, "Ninety-nine percent of the world said, 'Well, duh.' "

At Boulder Unity Church on Thursday, Sheehan said it's the policies of Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld that don't support the troops.

When Bush pushes for the right to torture suspected terrorists for information, he is putting at risk every American soldier who might be captured overseas, she said.

She noted that the three leaders never fought in a war and that Cheney famously said that he had "other priorities" when asked about why he wasn't in the service during the Vietnam War.

"If I ever run into Dick Cheney on the street, I'd have a hard time not slapping him in the face," said Sheehan, who co-founded the anti-war group Gold Star Families for Peace.

"I would ask him . . . 'Don't you think my son had other priorities other than getting killed in a war that is too much like Vietnam?' "

Sheehan's talk, coinciding with the publication of her book, Peace Mom, was sponsored by Boulder Bookstore, KGNU Independent Radio and the Rocky Mountain Peace and Justice Center. Wednesday, she was told she is on the short list for this year's Nobel Peace Prize, which is expected to be announced today.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest

She noted that the three leaders never fought in a war and that Cheney famously said that he had "other priorities" when asked about why he wasn't in the service during the Vietnam War.

Who the hell didn't? I had a big priority back then and that was keeping my ass alive! It doesn't bother me a bit if a guy had the balls to be a CO, like Steve did and it didn't bother me when guys went to Canada. These people were sacrificing in their own way to protest am illegitimate war. What did and still does bother me though is people who used Daddys influence, or politics to avoid the war.

I actually joined the Army to avoid the draft and Vietnam. A lot of good that did! Six months later I was out of the Army and smack dab right in the middle of the shit.  :smt070  I often wonder where I went wrong? Or as it is said; "Seemed like a good idea at the time." :snork_lach:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users