Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Holy Man Goes On Killing Spree

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,299 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Abdul Waheed, the custodian of Ali Mohammad Shrine, who along with his aides

planned and killed 20 people, have told the police that had he not killed them, they

would have poisoned him.

https://www.thenews....e-The-story-beh

But this is the bit that intrigued me:

The locals told the investigators that the custodian usually visited the shrine twice a

month, where, he used to torture devotees by by setting them on fire, which he called

the healing process. 'We heard people screaming whenever he was at the shrine.'

Nobody thought to stop him after the first time it happened !?

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,319 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Religion is the best ally of stupidity and brutality.  Religions, generally, are very stupid and provide shelter, nourishment and comfort to dumb ideas and vicious behaviors all across this planet.

I used to think that if we could get folks out of their religion we'd all be better off, but that was idealistic dreaming.  As soon as a human is cured of one idiotic idea they are going to rush right out and get some fresh falsehoods.

The best we can hope for is to occasionally substitute a slightly less vicious wrong idea for a current, more vicious erroneous way of thinking. 

"Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them."

--Lao Tzu

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,419 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Pakistan has become like that.

With the caveat that I am not qualified to make long-distance medical diagnoses, this man sounds like he has paranoid schizophrenia. My position is that religion is not mental illness, but it can certainly provide cover for mental illness. And Pakistan is uber religious.

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

Part of the tragedy of modern life is that the Political Left refuses to condemn Islamic governments for their moral outrages.  Outrages like the murder of Atheists and Apostates  -- let alone gay Atheists or Apostates.

Our friends on the right are also not such wonderful friends.  Plenty of outrage over the plight of the Copts, and Azzidi for instance; but small concern for what happens to Atheists.  Or Apostates.  Unless they become Christian Apostates.  In which case, they are Christian victims.  Or heroes.  

The hypocrisy is deep on both sides.  It leaves me wondering which is more vicious.  The Left or the Right.

Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,319 posts

Part of the tragedy of modern life is that the Political Left refuses to condemn Islamic governments for their moral outrages.  Outrages like the murder of Atheists and Apostates  -- let alone gay Atheists or Apostates.

Our friends on the right are also not such wonderful friends.  Plenty of outrage over the plight of the Copts, and Azzidi for instance; but small concern for what happens to Atheists.  Or Apostates.  Unless they become Christian Apostates.  In which case, they are Christian victims.  Or heroes.  

The hypocrisy is deep on both sides.  It leaves me wondering which is more vicious.  The Left or the Right.

Liberals in this country at this time seem to focus their concerns about government activity primarily on the behavior of their own government. An argument could be made that this is appropriate as it is their own nation for which they are responsible and which they are most likely to inspire to change.

Conservatives are more prone to xenophobia and this inevitably predisposes them to recognize the face of evil in other nations while assuming 100% righteousness for the local government.

If one is correct and the other not, or if both are wrong or right together, I think what you describe is a basic reflection of the psyche of liberals and conservatives.

--Lao Tzu

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Liberals in this country at this time seem to focus their concerns about government activity primarily on the behavior of their own government. An argument could be made that this is appropriate as it is their own nation for which they are responsible and which they are most likely to inspire to change.

Conservatives are more prone to xenophobia and this inevitably predisposes them to recognize the face of evil in other nations while assuming 100% righteousness for the local government.

If one is correct and the other not, or if both are wrong or right together, I think what you describe is a basic reflection of the psyche of liberals and conservatives.

I find my government exasperating.  Our good friend, Saudi Arabia, has classified Atheism as terrorists and they behead their terrorists.

What the freakin' hell is wrong with our government?  Why is there no outrage from the Left or the Right?  The Bush clan.  The Clintons.  Obama -- none of them cared.  I could understand if it was just his Glorious Orangeness.  It's not.  It's all of them.

Why have they got a bug up their asses over ISIS, but Saudi Arabia is our dear friend?

We are being played for fools.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,319 posts

Why have they got a bug up their asses over ISIS, but Saudi Arabia is our dear friend?

In order to prop up their brutal dictatorship, Saudi Arabia buys guns, tanks, aircraft and other implements of holy war from US corporations.

They play footsie with our large corporations.  That is how you can tell the difference between a bad dictatorship and a highly valued US ally.

--Lao Tzu

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,419 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

What the freakin' hell is wrong with our government?  Why is there no outrage from the Left or the Right?  The Bush clan.  The Clintons.  Obama -- none of them cared.  I could understand if it was just his Glorious Orangeness.  It's not.  It's all of them.

There is outrage from the left. But the Clintons and Obama are not on the left. They just aren't as right wing as the Republicans.

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,319 posts

There is outrage from the left. But the Clintons and Obama are not on the left. They just aren't as right wing as the Republicans.

This seems correct.  Even TYT Network, self described moderate progressives, are far to the left of Shillary et al.  There is no left wing political party  in this country, nor any major left wing voice except blessed Bernie.  Now if a major corporation thought it was in their interest ..., but of course billionaires and left wingers are mutually antagonistic.

--Lao Tzu

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

In order to prop up their brutal dictatorship, Saudi Arabia buys guns, tanks, aircraft and other implements of holy war from US corporations.

They play footsie with our large corporations.  That is how you can tell the difference between a bad dictatorship and a highly valued US ally.

The Grumund (spelling) Corporation just made a three billion dollar sale to the Iran national airline.  Maybe Iran is no longer an enemy?  

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

This seems correct.  Even TYT Network, self described moderate progressives, are far to the left of Shillary et al.  There is no left wing political party  in this country, nor any major left wing voice except blessed Bernie.  Now if a major corporation thought it was in their interest ..., but of course billionaires and left wingers are mutually antagonistic.

The plans the DNC had for sinking Bernie -- included his alleged Atheism.  They were actually getting ready to destroy him because of his most attractive point.  Our heroes.   :-(  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users