Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which one of you would swim in this pool? NOT ME!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Sammie Jo

Sammie Jo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationTexas

http://www.chron.com...l-11068543.php  <<video

Hold your breath if you take a dip in this 40-story high glass-bottomed pool.
Media: National Desk US
The video quickly went viral on Facebook, Reddit and other social media sites.
Naturally, the world discovered the mind-bending pool is at Houston's Market Square Tower at 777 Preston, the tallest residential building in the Bayou City.
While the internet may know about the pool that extends 10 feet beyond the side of the building, 500 feet above Preston street, not everyone knows about the other luxury amenities offered at the residence tower.

From an indoor basketball court, to a self-tanning booth, to a virtual golfing simulator, residents at the Market Square Tower seemingly have it made. Click through the gallery above to see the other incredible amenities residents get while living at the downtown tower.
In case you're in the market for a new apartment, as of publication, rent for one of their 463 units starts at $2,200 and range in square footage from 564-square-foot efficiencies to 1,950-square-foot three bedrooms units. Though, if you're really rolling in the dough, there are a limited number of penthouses with upwards of 2,993 square feet.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I'd want to try it.  It sure looks cool.

"Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them."

--Lao Tzu

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,517 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

I nearly fainted after ten seconds of that video. I have no head for heights.

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I'm afraid of heights too, that stadium roof seating scared me because there was no handrail or anything to stop folks going over the edge, or so it seemed.

I can climb up on our roof no worries, but when it is time to swing my leg back onto the ladder, that is the scary part for me, transferring my weight back onto the ladder.  My sense of balance is awful, I'm very clumsy, and my bones break if somebody speaks too loud, so I've been asked to stay off the roof.

But in the pool case I think I might feel the structure of the pool was protecting me.   

• Sammie Jo likes this

"Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them."

--Lao Tzu

Sammie Jo

Sammie Jo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationTexas

"But in the pool case I think I might feel the structure of the pool was protecting me."

Until it's not. lol I just would not take the chance, wouldn't walk under it either. 

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,523 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Not today. I went to the page and the video refused to play. Then I wondered if it required Flash, and when I went to see if I could do a one time activation, the page darkened and threw up a huge pop-up.

I can only guess that it was begging me not to leave the page or trying to entice me to look at other articles. I don't know. I just closed the page without reading it.

I do not humor pop-ups.

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users