Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brain Parasites in Warm Climates + Global Warming

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,616 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I wonder to what extent this might explain Florida voters.

Not only are parasites a public health concern, but also they take an untold toll on human intelligence.

Big Think

"Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them."

--Lao Tzu

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

Great.  Something else to worry about.

It might help explain Texas and Oklahoma.

• Ungodly likes this
Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationThe Grampian Hills

Crikey, I had to check a few times to make sure I wasn't on The Onion website or a conspiracy website.

Well it certainly helps explain a lot of "things.

• Ungodly likes this
“Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-"God damn it, you've got to be kind.” 

Kurt Vonnegut

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Crikey, I had to check a few times to make sure I wasn't on The Onion website or a conspiracy website.

Well it certainly helps explain a lot of "things.

Let us not over look Louisiana.  All that hot, steamy, swamp water and mud.  Perfect for breeding all manner of nastiness.  That does explain a few things.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Southern states being plagued with brain eating parasites 

The symptoms are overt racism, sexism, bigotry and lowering of an already sub standard IQ. Oh and voting Repugnentlcon. 

“Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-"God damn it, you've got to be kind.” 

Kurt Vonnegut

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Southern states being plagued with brain eating parasites

The symptoms are overt racism, sexism, bigotry and lowering of an already sub standard IQ. Oh and voting Repugnentlcon. 

You forgot about teaching Creationism in science class.  According to Aaron Ra, the Louisiana textbooks are even worse than the Texas textbooks.  Brain eating parasites.  Who knew?   It's like bad science fiction.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

You forgot about teaching Creationism in science class.  According to Aaron Ra, the Louisiana textbooks are even worse than the Texas textbooks.  Brain eating parasites.  Who knew?   It's like bad science fiction.

Oh yeah, trying to pass off fairy tales as facts.

As it should be, like bad science fiction, because there isn't a much better way to explain the Bizarro World we find ourselves living in now. 

Kurt Vonnegut

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Oh yeah, trying to pass off fairy tales as facts.

As it should be, like bad science fiction, because there isn't a much better way to explain the Bizarro World we find ourselves living in now. 

Have you considered why these nut jobs hate evolution so much?  It's not love of science.  Evolution strikes at the foundation of their theology.

Without a literal Adam and Eve, there is no "Fall".  No "Original Sin".  Nothing to be saved from.  No need for "Redemption".  No need for a "Redeemer".  No need for a blood sacrifice -- or any other sacrifice.  No need for the "blood of the lamb".  No need for any of it.

The entire body of Christian theology and belief crumbles to dust.  All so utterly pointless.  Unless there is a fall from grace.  Which does require a literal Adam and Eve.  Which is made absurd by evolution.

What do you know?  Science has destroyed Christianity.  This is what they are afraid of.  This is what they can't live with.

One more thing:  No Easter next year.  They found the body.

Edited by jonathanlobl, 17 April 2017 - 12:49 PM.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

One more thing:  No Easter next year.  They found the body.

Wouldn't work. At least one prominent apologist has said that if he were transported to Jesus' tomb and shown his rotting carcass, he would still try to find a way to believe. (I think it was genocide defender William Lane Craig, but I cannot find the quote.) This is entirely consistent with how fundamentalists view knowledge.

• Zeff likes this
“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Wouldn't work. At least one prominent apologist has said that if he were transported to Jesus' tomb and shown his rotting carcass, he would still try to find a way to believe. (I think it was genocide defender William Lane Craig, but I cannot find the quote.) This is entirely consistent with how fundamentalists view knowledge.

It takes a courageous disregard for external reality to believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users