Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Discord Within US Catholic Church Over LGBTQ Issues

- - - - - HRCC Martin Jesuit LGBTQ FtTP Francis talking pope homophobia Theological College Catholic University

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,456 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

An American Jesuit Catholic Priest who is popular with Francis the Talking Pope and the nun I dated once is apparently not very popular with some others within the Holy Roman Cash Corporation.  Rev. James Martin has proposed a bridge between HRCC and LGBTQ folks, I suppose as part and parcel of his notion one night expect a break in the constant demonization of teh gay, and of course nothing scares a conservative more than a suggestion that the level of Holy Bigotry should be reduced.  Without an underclass like fags whom would they be holier than?

I often see the nun I dated once in high school liking Rev. Martin's posts on Facebook, and I actually have commented on something he said that seemed quite reasonable.

Rev. Martin was scheduled to appear as a speaker at the Theological College of Catholic University.  Word got out to right wing uber-Catholics, they started a holy hate campaign and voila, invitation rescinded. We can't have differences of opinion where petulant genocidal sky monsters are concerned, can we?  I'm thinking the right wing Catholics were afraid the God of Love would rain down fire and brimstone if they let up on the Holy Homophobia.

the Rev. Gerald McBrearity, made the decision to rescind Martin’s invitation to speak in October. “In no way does this decision signal approval or agreement with the comments or accusations that the various social media sites have made over the recent weeks,” the statement said.  

UnFox News

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

It's not as though the church were being two faced about this.  Their bigotry is out in the open.  It's still odd, considering their population of priests.

I don't understand gay Catholics.  In truth, I don't understand the appeal of the Church for anybody else.  

Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HRCC, Martin, Jesuit, LGBTQ, FtTP, Francis, talking pope, homophobia, Theological College, Catholic University

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users