Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Oops

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,355 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Fell while getting off a bicycle in Hawaii, possible surgery tomorrow on broken hip, left elbow also broken.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,863 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Oops indeed. It sounds really bad. Best wishes for tomorrow.

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

Oh dear!! I am so distressed to hear this. You poor man. Best wishes, good luck on your surgeries.  What a lousy thing to have happened to you.

This so demonstrates how unpredictable life is.  Yesterday during a bad wind storm a woman was killed when a tree fell on her car as she was driving home from the store with her sister and 4 year old, and it happens more than you would imagine. And I also remarked this is just how life is, you are going on about your business and bam out of nowhere a tree falls on you and takes you out. The odds must be staggering on a person driving by and a tree falling at the exact same instant.

Much like falling while getting off your bike, in regards to something happening in the blink of an eye.  Everything is hunky dory, right as rain, you are having a zip a dee doo dah day. And then bam you hit the ground with broken bones.

I'll be thinking about you.

Edited by Aging Disgracefully, 15 November 2017 - 11:37 AM.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • LocationCanada

Not great news UG!

After just having hip replacement due to arthritis, I have no idea what they do for a broken hip, but we can recover together.....hahaha.

Get well soon!

Attached Thumbnails

• rose.jpg

• Ungodly and Aging Disgracefully like this

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

How are you doing UG ?!

• JadeBlackOlive likes this
When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,355 posts
Well the surgery went very well and the pain has been minimal since then, but narcotic pain relievers have stalled my digestive system and given me extreme nausea. Can't keep food down reliably yet. I have stood up and was ready to walk with a walker (crossing Rubicon of old age) but nausea made us stop.

Predictions are that I'll recover very well, they are impressed with how fit I am.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • LocationCanada

Good to hear UG, but yes,  the nausea is debilitating.

4 days after my replacement, I was able to walk around the motel room without walker/cane or help.

How do they repair a broken hip?

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,355 posts
They put one screw in my femur and one in the hip, I don't understand it. I took 24 steps this morning without painkillers, and it hurt.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • LocationCanada

Do you have a bunch of rules to follow, length of time, no bending beyond 90 degrees, etc.?

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Well the surgery went very well and the pain has been minimal since then, but narcotic pain relievers have stalled my digestive system and given me extreme nausea. Can't keep food down reliably yet. I have stood up and was ready to walk with a walker (crossing Rubicon of old age) but nausea made us stop.

Predictions are that I'll recover very well, they are impressed with how fit I am.

So glad to hear from you. Are you home or still in Hawaii? because marijuana would do wonders for you perhaps, with nausea and pain relief, I'm so happy things went well though and you are in good shape, despite your wonky digestive system.

Too bad you and Jade can't get together and play cards. (I finished my sentence)

Edited by Aging Disgracefully, 19 November 2017 - 06:53 AM.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • LocationCanada

Part of your reply seems to be hiding, AD.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,355 posts
Still in Hilo Medical Center, expect transfer to a rehab center Monday and then I hope to make enough progress to fly home next Saturday, a week from today. Overnight nausea diminished thanks to a prescription form of synthetic THC.

The best the hospital could do for my vegan GF breakfast was two bananas today. Fortunately my husband brought me Rice Chex and a thermos bottle of soy milk.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • LocationCanada

That's good. At least its more substantial than bananas.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Still in Hilo Medical Center, expect transfer to a rehab center Monday and then I hope to make enough progress to fly home next Saturday, a week from today. Overnight nausea diminished thanks to a prescription form of synthetic THC.

The best the hospital could do for my vegan GF breakfast was two bananas today. Fortunately my husband brought me Rice Chex and a thermos bottle of soy milk.

Man oh man, what a vacation in Hawaii you are having. Glad to hear the THC helped.  And it's a good thing your husband is there so you don't starve. 

I hope you have a room with a view.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,355 posts
After the surgery i was moved to the pediatric surgical ward because this hospital is crowded right now. I had a very obnoxious roommate who yelled at the staff as if they were the cause of his pain, a major jerk. That room was also freezing cold. Now I'm in a room alone in the medical ward.

Yesterday was very difficult. Stomach pain worse, lack of energy. My hemoglobin dropping dramatically for unknown reason. Then they gave me an IV of iron and a proton pump inhibitor,, finally my appetite has returned. I hope to master using a walker today. One doctor said my criteria for discharge is being able to sit in a seat for 5 hours, how long it takes to fly home.

My optimism about recovery is wavering but dang I sure want to get better.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • LocationCanada

It helps to be patient with yourself too. I'm finding my very pronounced limp is getting to me, but my booklet says it should begin to clear up between 9 & 12 weeks.....I'm just past the 3 weeks......

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,355 posts
New roommate overnight is an older man in severe agony with a swollen gall bladder, he is delirious and keeps getting out of bed, which sets off alarms and draws staff. Not conducive to my own rest, but I feel really sorry for the guy. He is on nothing by mouth orders which means surgery later today for him.

Yesterday I walked three times with a walker, the pain was astronomical. This is going to take a long time.

The hospital dietician came to see me, asking how they can get more protein into me. Discussed travel options with Dr, they might give me narcotic pain relievers to endure the flight.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • LocationCanada

I don't think my pain reached the level of yours after my first 24 hours. It was quite tolerable with the pain killer they did give me. We stayed in the motel for a week until I was cleared to travel home for the 3 hours on the health bus. By the end of that 3 hours though, I was getting really uncomfortable despite the pain killers. I can't imagine your being released from hospital, to have to head to the airport & wait there for your flight, get on the plane, & then the time to get home. Hope things improve dramatically soon!!!!

I walked the equivalent of over a block yesterday with walker, as well as using the stairs to get out & come back in again. I want the walker for the simple fact of how the blood thinner side effects makes me feel with dizzy, faint, nausea, etc., so I want the seat to sit down if needed.

• Aging Disgracefully likes this

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,355 posts
I'm so glad you are doing well and I'm impressed with what you can do already. Yes, the trip home will certainly be an ordeal. We may fly home Thursday.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • LocationCanada

You'll be much better off in your own home. I just hope you don't go through torture to get there.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users