Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cunning Christian Politicians

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,777 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia
  • In the Australian State of Victoria the upper house (The Senate) has been debating a bill regarding the restructuring of the Fire Services.
  • The ruling party has a majority of one.
  • Late on Thursday it became clear that the debate would continue through to Good Friday.
  • Two Christian members belonging to the opposition party declared that they could not take part in the debate on Good Friday for religious reasons.
  • In situations like this there is a procedure known as "pairing".
  • If the two members failed to appear in the Senate then their votes would be lost and the ruling party would have its majority increased from one to three.
  • Therefore, as a favour to the Christian members, the ruling party allowed them to "pair" with two members of the ruling party.
  • That meant that two members of the ruling party also decided not to appear on Good Friday and so the original situation was preserved - the ruling party still had its majority of one.

But here's the cunning bit:

• As soon as the "paired" members of the ruling party had left the Senate and returned home, the two Christian members of the opposition party walked back into the Senate and called for a vote.
  • Now, because the only missing members were from the ruling party, the opposition party had managed to reverse the situation and gained a majority of one.
  • As a consequence they were able to overpower the ruling party and the Fire Services bill was defeated!

Cunning Christians...

https://www.theage.c...402-p4z7fw.html

• JadeBlackOlive likes this
Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationCanada

Dirty politics!

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,179 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Considering my age, medical history, and certain skeletal shortcomings I probably could not throw a Christian legislator any further than I trust them.

• Cousin Ricky, Aging Disgracefully and JadeBlackOlive like this

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,638 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

I hope all concerned have learned from this.

In the USA, the cheaters are call the “Republican Party,” and the opposition Democratic Party leaders adamantly refuse to learn that they will be lied to, duped, and cheated—just as they have been, over and over again in the past. It’s as if they were being paid not to learn.

• Aging Disgracefully and JadeBlackOlive like this
“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationCanada

I remember the time when many admired the US. That time is gone.

How are things Cousin Ricky?

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users