Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

And It Begins

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationCanada
First significant wildfire of 2018 burning near Lytton, B.C.
Courtney Dickson 2018-03-23

A 75-hectare wildfire is burning near Lytton, B.C.

The first significant wildfire of 2018 is burning in B.C.'s Interior but officials say it is under control. 

The fire was initially reported Wednesday, covering about four hectares, two kilometres away from Lytton.

It has since grown to 75 hectares.

"A lot of the growth that we saw was actually a result of burn-out operations that the crews performed in an effort to suppress that fire," said Jody Lucius, fire information officer with B.C. Wildfire Service. 

The fire is believed to be human-caused. No structures are at risk as a result of the fire. 

Lucius said no growth in the size of the fire is expected unless there is a major shift in weather. 

Smoldering at the centre of the fire is causing visible smoke from nearby communities and from highways 1 and 12. 

Crews continue to monitor the fire to ensure it hasn't grown.

"Within the Kamloops fire centre it's not unheard of for us to have wildfires at this time of year," she said. "It's really too early in the season to predict what the rest of the season might look like."

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

Not good, it's rather early for fire season to start up!

• JadeBlackOlive likes this
In past lives I lived in Atlantis and Pompeii, I took a vacation on the Titanic and I thought those were disasters! HA!

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationCanada

Fire season officially starts here in April. I haven't heard whether our snow pack has lessened the drought or not, but we had rain nearly every day for 7 months from May to November in 2016, & look where we ended up with wildfires in 2017......the worst on record.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users