Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mr Deity vs Sinclair Broadcasting

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,306 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

• JadeBlackOlive likes this

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

Brian Dalton is funny.  

Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

We are so screwed. You know what's weird, I can vividly remember, when I was a kid, my dad commenting on how clueless we are in the USA about what the world is really like and we only get to know what the news tells us. and it's not always the truth.  It was when talking about WWII and how little of the real world we really know, living in our little bubble in America. And that had to be in the late 50's early 60's.

I'm watching a multi-part special on CNN all about The Kennedy Dynasty.  Starting out with that old evil bastard Joe Kennedy and working our way up through the family. JFK is in Dallas next week.  

anyway over the years I've read a lot of stuff about the Kennedy's and Jackie and all the dirt on JFK especially. I keep thinking how things have changed. Man on man everybody bent over backwards to keep everything under the rug.  Nobody told the public about anything!

I guess my point is, do I have one. I think we have always been controlled by the media, but now we are really seeing just how bad things really are.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationCanada

Yes, there is much we don't get told, & much more we are lied to about.

• Aging Disgracefully likes this

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

It's-the-same-old-swamp-but-things-are-coming-to-the-surface.

• Aging Disgracefully and JadeBlackOlive like this

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

It's-the-same-old-swamp-but-things-are-coming-to-the-surface.

That is true, except the swamp is growing exponentially. Jonathan I have adopted  what I considered your signature catch phrase. "We are so screwed"   Never have those words rang so true.  And it's not just a regular 'ole swamp, I think of it as a cesspool.

I like thinking of our new reality as using the bottom of the barrel analogy. I figure we reached the bottom really at the very start of this major fiasco  You know the more I say and think about the word fiasco, it has a nice ring to it, maybe we can change the name of America to Fiasco.

Back to my barrel, we went through the bottom of that barrell some time ago, really near the start.of this fiasco  Now we are getting so far under ground, next time we see day light, we will be in China.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,306 posts

The worst part is millions of Americans voted for our Bloviating Ignoramus.  When Mueller drops the hammer there will be great moaning and gnashing of teeth. Gun nuts will go a shootin'.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationCanada

"The Ununited States of Fiasco"

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

What gets me is how our glorious leader keeps changing his position on DACA.  First he holds DACA hostage until there is money for his wall.  Then he's the champion of DACA.  Then -- there will be no DACA.  And the media aren't calling him on any of it.

Trump announces he's pulling out of Syria -- after blasting Obama for saying he was going to pull out of Iraq -- and the media are asleep.

Where is this Liberal bias in the media that I keep hearing about?

Dalton nailed it again.  "Where the truth comes to die."

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationCanada

In my books, it should be finger point, "You're fired!!!"

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

What gets me is how our glorious leader keeps changing his position on DACA.  First he holds DACA hostage until there is money for his wall.  Then he's the champion of DACA.  Then -- there will be no DACA.  And the media aren't calling him on any of it.

Trump announces he's pulling out of Syria -- after blasting Obama for saying he was going to pull out of Iraq -- and the media are asleep.

Where is this Liberal bias in the media that I keep hearing about?

Dalton nailed it again.  "Where the truth comes to die."

He's bat shit crazy and a spoiled rotten bratty kid with barely a rudimentary command of the English language. We do know he can at least scribble his name on documents, when he has to so proudly show everybody his big ass unreadable scrawl  He is a child who has just learned to poo-poo on his own and proudly has to show everybody.

He is like the little monster of a child in The Twilight episode, played by Billy Mummy and Cloris Leachman is his mom and anybody who disagrees with him or doesn't give him what he wants, he will banish you to "the corn field". The title of the episode is The Good Life

If this isn't Drump I don't know what is. Sorry the sound is super low on this video, do turn your speakers up. but then don't do what I always do, forget I did that and the next thing you know something comes on and just about blasts me off of my stool.

Jade, he even points his finger at people just as he is sending them away or turning them into some grotesque object.

Oh by the way people, welcome to the corn field!!!!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,306 posts

Tweety is using the DACA young people as pawns, it's that simple.  And of course it blames the Demoncrats for the lack of a DACA extension, you know, the people campaigning for it.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Wow it's almost like Drumpass doesn't know what he is doing from one day to the next.

I was curious so I did some digging, I'm not the only one who sees Drumpass as Anthony form The Good Life.

Maybe Rod Serling was our modern day Nostradamus. LOL 

Everybody is under his rule... The people live in fear of him, constantly telling him how everything he does is "good," since he banishes anyone thinking unhappy thoughts… Never having experienced any form of discipline, Anthony does not even understand that his actions are wrong…

Little Anthony is out of control. No one can tell him what to do, or more importantly, what not to do. No one dare’s stop himeven when realizing he is a monster who can doom them all.

It is impossible to watch this disturbing episode without feeling that somehow Rod Serling had a premonition of today’s President creating havoc in White House, in the nation, and in the world.

From Rod Serling’s introductory narration:

They have to think happy thoughts and say happy things because once displeased, the monster can wish them into a cornfield or change them into a grotesque, walking horror… But when those eyes look at you, you'd better start thinking happy thoughts, because the mind behind them is absolutely in charge. This is the Twilight Zone.

And his concluding narration:

And if by some strange chance you should run across him, you had best think only good thoughts. Anything less than that is handled at your own risk.

The monster doesn’t reside on a farm with his parents in Peaksville, Ohio; he lives in the White House in Washington, DC.

The entire article I borrowed. I knew I couldn't be the only person to see this striking similarity.

https://www.dailykos...Year-Old-Tyrant

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

The worst is yet to come.  The monster could be reelected in 2020.

2020?  What kind of sick joke is this?  The electorate looks right at the monster -- and does not see.  

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

The worst is yet to come.  The monster could be reelected in 2020.

2020?  What kind of sick joke is this?  The electorate looks right at the monster -- and does not see.  

I totally agree and if it keeps escalating at the rate it is, this madness where the supreme goal is to bring ruin to us all. Seriously, if you read or listen to what has been done and undone so far you will blow what is left of your mind.  Yes folks we are now living in a Twilight Zone episode.

They have to think happy thoughts and say happy things because once displeased, the monster can wish them into a cornfield or change them into a grotesque, walking horror… But when those eyes look at you, you'd better start thinking happy thoughts, because the mind behind them is absolutely in charge. This is the Twilight Zone.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,684 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

I hadn’t seen this episode of The Twilight Zone, but I have seen this phenomenon elsewhere: in Iraq under Saddam Hussein. And I recognized the similarity in Trump. If I had seen the episode, surely I would have seen the parallel.

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

In one of his YouTube videos, Aaron Ra cites this episode of Twilight Zone.  He uses the episode to explain what life is like in Heaven with God.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

In one of his YouTube videos, Aaron Ra cites this episode of Twilight Zone.  He uses the episode to explain what life is like in Heaven with God.

That episode can work for more than one situation for sure.

I've often thought if there was anything God like, it would be Q from Star Trek. An alien being that is so far advanced we would have no comprehension of what he/she/it was or could do and we could very easily be tricked into thinking it was a God, not just some fast talking alien huckster.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

That episode can work for more than one situation for sure.

I've often thought if there was anything God like, it would be Q from Star Trek. An alien being that is so far advanced we would have no comprehension of what he/she/it was or could do and we could very easily be tricked into thinking it was a God, not just some fast talking alien huckster.

If Q came to Earth 2,000 years ago -- or today -- his following would become the dominant religion within hours.  

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,306 posts

The easiest way to tell the difference between a deity and a fast talking hustler is to determine if they exist, which would prove they are not a deity.

If Q came to Earth 2,000 years ago -- or today -- his following would become the dominant religion within hours.  

Q certainly had a bounty of tricks up his sleeve. That was the best Star Trek series IMHO.

If an entity that actually existed were to unify the entire human race, whether for or against the deity, that could have some absolutely wonderful side effects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users