Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Commonwealth Games

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,777 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

In Australia we are having the (British) Commonwealth Games.

After the women's 200 metre race one of the commentators was speaking about the winner's performance and noted that she "relied so much on her legs" !

It reminded of another time during a marathon many years ago, where the commentator noted that one of the runners was "a very intelligent hydrator," by which the commentator meant: 'the runner always remembers to grab a bottle of water from the table as he runs past it."

• JadeBlackOlive likes this
Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationCanada

Really....gee thanks for lettin' us know that or we wouldn't have otherwise.

Mind you, I guess there are plenty of idiots in the world who couldn't figure that out.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,179 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Tough job commenting on live sports, but yeah these are silly.  Using more adjectives gives your brain time to think about what to say next. Plus it's flowery, or at least intended to be.

I think mostly they are trying to get the viewers/listeners to feel excited.

Yesterday a Dodgers announcer informed me that a prior game had included the first time a player ever hit a walkoff home run in the 14th inning while his team was behind in runs.  I felt so much better knowing that.

• JadeBlackOlive likes this

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationCanada

Yeah, all them fancy, shmancy woids........

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users