Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hawaii Volcanic Eruption - Been There, Had Ambulance Ride

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,211 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

The current volcanic eruption on the Big Island is in the same area where DH and I went to see the lava (but never got there). I rode in an ambulance through the area of Leilani Estates and Pahoa.  We had an excellent lunch in a Thai restaurant in Pahoa.

big-island-eruption-broken-hip.png

The Guardian

You can usually get out of the way of a lava flow as they tend to be slow, but when a lava fountain is throwing tons of hot molten lava hundreds of feet in the air you simply do not want to be there.

Then the sulfur dioxide gas - add that to the moisture in your nasal passages, bronchial tubes and lungs and you have instant sulfuric acid. Highly not recommended.

• JadeBlackOlive likes this

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

Can you imagine if you had broken your hip and then the volcano started erupting while you were there.

I hope it stops pretty soon, the last I heard it they have no idea how long this could last.

I thought it was bad just living near Mt. St. Helens.  I'd be nervous living in Hawaii that's for sure.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,211 posts

Can you imagine if you had broken your hip and then the volcano started erupting while you were there.

Oy, that would have been very bad.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,211 posts

While we are on the subject of hips, a Georgia man says his metal replacement hip saved his life when a sniper opened fire.

Yahoo

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCanada

Am very glad you got home, broken hip or not. That's waaaaay too close for comfort.

We heard & felt it when Mt. St. Helen's blew. We didn't know what the heck it was until the news came on.

My hip X-ray....

Attached Thumbnails

• my xray.jpg

• Aging Disgracefully likes this

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

E-gads Jade! ouch!

Internal body armour, that's the ticket!

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,211 posts

Yeah, that hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users