Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I had to wait 60 years for this one.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,736 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

I usually turn the sound down when an advert comes on TV but this time I didn't and that's why I noticed the song being played in the background of this Kia Stinger advert. I had never heard the song before, but the style convinced me that it must have come the 1950s so I went searching the Internet for "Tornado" and, sure enough, a song by that name was released by a group called the Jiants in 1959. It is now one of my favourite Rockabilly songs of all time - and it took me only 60 years to find it...

Warning to those who hate adverts - this is an advert for the Kia Stinger:

Another Internet search showed me that the Kia Stinger advert uses a really good version of the song recorded by the Hillbilly Moon Explosion in 1984.

(I love the Internet)

• Ungodly likes this
Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationCanada

I've got one I'm trying to find now of the Ford Ecosport ad. I find many ad songs for the Ecosport, but not THAT one! No idea who sings it & I'd like to get hold of it, dammit!!!

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,736 posts

Four Ecosport ads here, with names of songs.

https://www.tvadmusi....uk/?s=ecosport

I notice that the last one is Lollipop by the Chordettes - another classic from the 1950s.

• JadeBlackOlive likes this

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationCanada

Saw all those, & its not any of them. It sounds like a single male voice for the little that is heard during the ad.

Thanks anyway.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,736 posts

That's the problem when you don't actually have a name. The Internet is not much help when you can't tell it what you are looking for. :-)

• Cousin Ricky and JadeBlackOlive like this

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationCanada

Yes, I found all sorts of ads, watched all of them, but couldn't fine THE one. When its on tv, I'm trying to pay attention to all the backgrounds, to see if I can find that one, but so far, nada.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,094 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

That's the problem when you don't actually have a name. The Internet is not much help when you can't tell it what you are looking for. :-)

Success in our modern world is influenced by our ability to cleverly use search engines.  Thinking of a search term is critical.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Warning to those who hate adverts ...

I don’t hate adverts per se. I may despise their presentation (e.g., plastering it over my video on YouTube, or an autoplay video ad on a non-video page, or crashing my browser (which has happened)).

• JadeBlackOlive likes this
“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationCanada

I don't usually pay attention to ads, but sometimes the music, or humour, will catch me.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users