Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Right Wing Bigot Attacks Muslim Woman in Local Cafe

- - - - - bigotry xenophobia cafe Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Riverside Deady barista muslim

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,358 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

At a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf coffee house in nearby Riverside, CA a Muslim woman dressed according to her religious delusions was verbally assaulted by an obviously right wing bigot because of her clothing and implied Muslim faith. After ranting and raving at the perfectly innocent woman the probable Trump supporter was likely very surprised when the barista refused to serve him.

Of course the nasty bigot perceives himself as the victim, he is always the victim, False News prolly taught him that (conjecture).

When this tale reached the corporate HQ of Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf they had the wisdom to support their barista.

Washington Post

Islam is about as stupid as Christianity, but this is the United States of America where anybody and everybody is free to believe or not believe.

• Aging Disgracefully likes this

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,701 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
“I don’t like it. How’s that?” the man replied, snapping his head close to the camera and gritting his teeth. “I don’t like your religion.”

I don’t like her religion either, but it’s not my call, nor is it his. I’ll say it again: I am anti-Islam, but pro-Muslim.

“It says to kill me, and I don’t want to be killed by you. How’s that?”

I was about to counter this, but Deady and Selk addressed it further down in the article.

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

What a world.  It's like an alcoholic looking down on drug addicts.  

• Cousin Ricky and Aging Disgracefully like this
Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,358 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

What a world.  It's like an alcoholic looking down on drug addicts.  

That's a very original comment. An interesting perspective. 

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

​It's not so much a perspective as a classification.  Religion is an intoxicant and an addiction.  It also distorts perception of reality, which is what defines a hallucinogenic.  It follows that when people of different religions get into disputes with each other -- it's nothing more than addicts arguing over their drug of choice.  Notice how mean, religion makes people.  Some drugs are bad shit.  Of course, there are individual differences.  The man in this video is not complicated.  He's nothing more than a mean drunk.

​People like to make simple things complicated.

​Consider what happens when heroin addicts are treated with methadone.  It is a simple transfer of one addiction to a different drug.

​This is why A.A. works.  It is a transfer of addiction to alcohol -- to an addiction of religion.  A.A. is a religion.  I had this argument with a drug awareness teacher, who made me attend an A.A. meeting.  They are not secular.  Not at all

Edited by jonathanlobl, 17 May 2018 - 03:38 AM.

• Aging Disgracefully likes this
Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bigotry, xenophobia, cafe, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Riverside, Deady, barista, muslim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users