Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inverted Crosses Frighten Tasmanians

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,752 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

A theatrical group have erected a number of inverted crosses in the city of Hobart and Rebecca Jones is offended. She has started a petition calling for the removal of the decorations.

https://www.change.o...winter-festival

Mark Brown, the Tasmanian director of the Australian Christian Lobby, labelled the inverted crosses as “highly offensive”.

“In the words of Jesus, the devil only comes to kill, steal and to destroy; my question is, is that something Hobartians really want?” he said.
https://au.news.yaho...-142402466.html

In answer to his question: No Mark, Hobartians don't really want to see the devil kill steal and destroy - you silly little man.

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationCanada

It never ends.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

I want to be clear on the proposition.  The bill is stating that all offensive religious symbols, should be removed from Public Space.

I have always found the crucifix, an instrument of humiliation and torture, to be profoundly offensive.  Even depraved.   Does that mean that displaying the crucifix will be outlawed?  If anything runs counter to the standards of a civilized community, it is this loathsome, depraved symbol, of savage inhumanity.  Nothing good could possibly result, from exposing children to such a horrible display of brutality and cruelty.

Dare I suggest it?  Any group that does display a crucifix, probably should not be entrusted with the safety and protection of children.  Such wicked people could be guilty of anything.

Edited by jonathanlobl, 14 June 2018 - 03:16 PM.

• Aging Disgracefully and JadeBlackOlive like this
Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationCanada

I would never in my right mind wear religious jewelry in any way shape or form. Jewelry is supposed to be pleasing, & that ain't it!

• Ungodly likes this

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users