Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Isaac Kimbrough (Telling Lies For Jesus)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Here's the story Kimbrough told the Texas State Convention in 1886:

A pair of highwaymen pulled a gun on him and ordered him to hand over his money.

According to Kimbrough, who told the tale at the Texas State Convention on this day,

June 26, 1886, he asked for a little time to comply, got off his horse, pulled out the

money and laid it in two distinct piles, one of them quite small. He then told the robbers

that the little pile was his. They could take that. But the larger pile was the Lord's, and

he dared them to touch that. "I collected it for the young preachers of the state who

are struggling for an education at Carson and Newman College."

The highwaymen questioned him. After learning he was a preacher and the nature of

his mission, they said they'd not touch either pile of money. Kimbrough then warned

them they were in a bad line of business and urged them to turn from it. He then asked

them to donate something to the school! Both robbers did.

https://www.christia...n-11630613.html

I don't believe a word of it --- or am I being too harsh?

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,408 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Here's the story Kimbrough told the Texas State Convention in 1886:

A pair of highwaymen pulled a gun on him and ordered him to hand over his money.

According to Kimbrough, who told the tale at the Texas State Convention on this day,

June 26, 1886, he asked for a little time to comply, got off his horse, pulled out the

money and laid it in two distinct piles, one of them quite small. He then told the robbers

that the little pile was his. They could take that. But the larger pile was the Lord's, and

he dared them to touch that. "I collected it for the young preachers of the state who

are struggling for an education at Carson and Newman College."

The highwaymen questioned him. After learning he was a preacher and the nature of

his mission, they said they'd not touch either pile of money. Kimbrough then warned

them they were in a bad line of business and urged them to turn from it. He then asked

them to donate something to the school! Both robbers did.

https://www.christia...n-11630613.html

I don't believe a word of it --- or am I being too harsh?

"Claims presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

--Christopher Hitchens

No, you are not being harsh, you're being sensible.  Religiously afflicted persons have a habit of exchanging highly exaggerated and/or clearly impossible claims.  The tale teller gets bonus points for embellishments like the perps donating money.  People who believe this story should refrain from buying bridges.

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users