Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Long Ago Lessons We Need To Relearn

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,172 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

stuff-we-need-to-repeat.jpg

scientificallty  - please note I grabbed this online

• JadeBlackOlive likes this

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

All true, but I'm going to split hairs over number 6.

Of course, Yoga won't cure cancer.  This is when we call in the Oncology team.  Yoga still has a valuable place as part of that team.  Anything that helps the patient with stress and pain, will enhance survival.  Nutrition also won't cure cancer, but it helps people with any health issue.  Relaxing music won't do the job either -- or massage therapy -- but it all helps.

Sorry -- I hit quote instead of edit.

Edited by jonathanlobl, 13 July 2018 - 03:33 AM.

• JadeBlackOlive likes this
Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,172 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I agree about Yoga. It does not belong on a list of health care frauds.  It is not typically put forth as a medical procedure, and yoga does have benefits.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

I agree about Yoga. It does not belong on a list of health care frauds.  It is not typically put forth as a medical procedure, and yoga does have benefits.

I take a Yoga class at one of my senior centers, along with qi gong.  They help with my Arthritis.  The problem is that while these disciplines have good therapeutic benefit -- they keep company with a lot of woo.  It's guilt by association.  

Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users