Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First Sound Recording

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,796 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

First sound recording was made on this day (August 12) in 1877.

Thomas Edison recorded Mary Had A Little Lamb.

Where would we be without him?

• JadeBlackOlive likes this
Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,211 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

But if you have to pay an electricity bill every month it's his fault!

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

Humans have certainly taken his idea and run with it.

I like to imagine if you could take a person from the past and immerse them totally in all that we have in our lives now, they would think they went to the land of magic and wizards. We take so much for granted and I'm still amazed by things. 

And sometimes I really don't like it, everything we/I depend on now.  Yesterday we had some stormy weather, loads of rain and thunder storms off and on. Our internet and phone went off-line. I did have a pretty good notion that something might have hit the tower in the next town that supplies our internet/phone . So I called them (on my cell phone) to ask them if the problem was me or them. I must have been one of the first customers to call about no service, so they had me unplugging and plugging stuff back in, etc. They did confirm I had no radio signal ? and my stuff was down. Ok fine, now I have to wait for a level 2 technician to call me and then come to the house to see what is up.  So not too long after that I was walking by my desk-top set-up and our land line phone and noticed our third green light was on. Which meant I was back in business. So I call the internet provider to let them know it came back on, they had a message telling us there was an outage. Oh no kidding!

You'd think they would know if all of their customers went off-line. Don't they have a switch or green light or something?!

Ok well anyway, sometimes I wish things were back to like they were before, I don't like being at the mercy of the devices. I try to keep things as simple as possible.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCanada

I always check with the neighbours first before waiting in line on a phone.....which always takes forever to get through.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,796 posts

I always make the same mistake when the power goes out.

I'm doing whatever I'm doing and the power goes out ... What now? ... Oh, I know, I'll watch a bit of telly ...

I turn on the set and settle back on the lounge, and it takes quite a few long seconds before it dawns on me how silly I am.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,211 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

You'd think they would know if all of their customers went off-line. Don't they have a switch or green light or something?!

They should have known.

Oh, I know, I'll watch a bit of telly ...

Not me, I try to turn on a light, and then I'm all "What, the light burnt out too?"

• Joe Bloe likes this

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,648 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

But if you have to pay an electricity bill every month it's his fault!

Some do, others get a check from the utility every year. ;)

I always make the same mistake when the power goes out.

I'm doing whatever I'm doing and the power goes out ... What now? ... Oh, I know, I'll watch a bit of telly ...

I turn on the set and settle back on the lounge, and it takes quite a few long seconds before it dawns on me how silly I am.

Come live in the Virgin Islands. It won’t take you long to break that habit.

• Joe Bloe likes this
“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,796 posts

Some do, others get a check from the utility every year. ;)

Come live in the Virgin Islands. It won’t take you long to break that habit.

Yes, I've read your posts about the situation over your way - simply awful. You have my sympathy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users