Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Here we go again

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • LocationCanada

http://globalnews.ca - B.C. Wildfire Sunday: Lightning strikes lead...

As of the news on now....5:30 p.m.
globalnews.ca - B.C. Wildfire Sunday: Lightning strikes lead to more than 140 new fires across B.C.
B.C. Wildfire Sunday: Lightning strikes lead to more than 140 new fires across B.C.
More than 140 new fires are burning across B.C. on Sunday, most of them sparked by lightning strikes.
The southern parts of the province saw the most new blazes with 33 new fires in the Coastal Fire Centre, 41 in the Kamloops Fire Centre and 60 in the Southeast Fire Centre.
BC Wildfire Service chief fire information officer Kevin Skrepnek said there are around 600 fires burning in the province on Sunday. Of those, more than 40 are considered wildfires of note.
B.C. Wildfire Sunday: Lightning strikes lead to more than 140 new fires across B.C.
globalnews.ca

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,923 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Bloody hell ! that sounds terrible.

• JadeBlackOlive likes this
Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • LocationCanada

After last year's 18 day evacuation, we kind of know what to do if it happens again, & with the fires getting closer, its not beyond possibility this year.

Its just that my husband is recovering from getting his defib/pacemaker implant, & I'm waiting for my second hip replacement, so that makes things difficult for us. I was waiting last year for the first hip to be done, & I'm in the same damn boat again! Can't cut a break.......sigh.......

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,458 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I hope the fires come nowhere near you!

We're being affected by the Holy Fire to the south of us. Ashes are all over my tomato plants, all over everything, but just a little bit so far.

One development about 6 miles away is under voluntary evacuation.

Here are some photos I took from our carport, I was using a zoom lens maxed out.

Holy-Fire-august-8-2018-100.jpg

Holy-Fire-august-8-2018-111.jpg

Latest Holy Fire news from California Dolphin.

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

I hope things go ok for you guys Jade I'd hate to see you have to leave your house again. How awful. And what is happening in California is really disturbing.

We've been getting some really interesting sun rises and sun sets around here from all the haze of smoke in the air. There are fires burning in eastern Washington too.  Lucky for us it hasn't been as bad at the last couple of years, some days I couldn't do anything outside it was making me sick. So I can't even imagine being much closer to the fires. 

A few years ago we went east and had to drive through probably 200 miles of smoke just hanging in the air, it was horrible, and I couldn't imagine having to live through it, atleast we could drive out of it and get home to fairly clear air.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • LocationCanada

We've been getting the California news & have been wondering about you, UG.

We have a new fire less than 20 miles away, so they are getting closer. Our alerts went up today, so we have to pay attention to the updates. 

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,458 posts

We've been getting the California news & have been wondering about you, UG.

We have a new fire less than 20 miles away, so they are getting closer. Our alerts went up today, so we have to pay attention to the updates. 

Yesterday I could see fire near a development about 4 or 5 miles away that is under voluntary evacuation.  I thought the Holy Fire was getting closer, but as it turns out these were intentional backfires done by the firefighters.  The Holy Fire is up to 54% containment and the weather has cooled some.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • LocationCanada

Its cooled down here too, for the moment. Lets hope they can get things controlled soon.

My husband is flying to Kelowna today to see his cardiologist for his 6 week checkup, & he may get a view of some of the fires from the air. When he flew out for his surgery, he saw the results of many fires from last year. It stunned him just how close things got to our city.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

I hope his check up went well.

We are getting the smoke down here and it's hard to breath, it's hot and hazy and you can smell the smoke. I can't even imagine being any closer.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • LocationCanada

Husband sees the pacemaker clinic today for fine tuning on the new implant, & sees the cardiologist tomorrow & comes back Friday.

The stench here is unbearable, & it was so dark in the house, I had the lights on until 2 pm yesterday.

These photos are from my kitchen window....one the forest in the distance is still visible behind the neighbourhood trees, & the other it has disappeared. Yesterday it was even worse...……...

Attached Thumbnails

• disappearing.jpg
  • disappear.jpg

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • LocationCanada

The whole province has now been placed under a state of emergency, & the military is arriving. I am packing things to be ready for whatever. .

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Oh man, so sorry to hear all you are going through again.  I can't imagine what a pain in the rear it is for you  And to say nothing of how scary it must be.

I just read our weather report, supposedly the smoke in our area has cleared out, it's still too dark out to see, but I can't smell it this morning.

I really feel for you guys Jade. 

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • LocationCanada

Yes, its scary & we hate this position we're spending our senior years in. Seriously thinking move, but where to?, when its the whole damn country, & we both need good medical care!!! But it is what it is, & Iceland is looking better all the time!

The lovely air here.....

williams-lake-wildfires.jpg

• Aging Disgracefully likes this

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,458 posts

Yikes! Our local fire is nearly history. 59% contained. The air has gotten much better here, I'm able to do my walk again.

• Cousin Ricky and JadeBlackOlive like this

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Jade we know you don't want to move  down here! What a terrible situation for you and your husband.

The air is thick here too, we haven't even been able to see the foothills behind us, but we have some ocean air moving in so it has cleared out a bit, but it's looking grim next week, unless some of the fires die down.

I think I can maybe ride my bike this morning without fear of an attack from the air quality.  I've had to stay indoors as much as I can. That's encouraging you can get out for a walk UG.

• Ungodly and JadeBlackOlive like this

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Oh dear god the smoke!! Make it stop, I know, what have we got to complain about, but holy cow it is so smokey here, we can barely go outside to do anything. and me being the sensitive flower that I am, it really gets to me.  

Today we have a strong east wind, so if you open a window or stick your head out the door, it's like standing next to a stinky campfire and somebody have a big fan blowing the smoke your way.  We have all been warned to stay indoors as much as possible. And I am.

I feel so extremely bad for you Jade and your husband and anybody else living in the midst of the fires. 

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • LocationCanada

Thanks, AD.

Its also a pi** off as I can't scooter in winter due to cold & snow/ice.....now I can't scooter in summer due to smoke???????

• Aging Disgracefully likes this

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Really Jade I can't say how bad I feel for you folks and anybody else in the midst of this.

We feel like we are being held hostage in our own house.  But at least we have some breaks from it, marine air is supposed to be making a gallant effort to sweep through early this evening and we might even get a bit of rain,  the last time we has any significant rain, a few weeks back, we all went a bit nuts, I even had to go and stand in it.

I haven't checked the news on the current situation/status of your fires, I hope they are making some headway to get things under control. If that's possible.  I know eastern Washington it just a tinder box for the most part, but we are getting so dry now on our side of the mountains, we are beginning to feel like we live in a desert .

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • LocationCanada

I don't know where you are AD, so can't picture anything.

Evacuations are increasing & I heard on last night's news that some fires are impossible to do anything about & water does nothing for them so getting control ain't gonna happen. They are trying to cut fire breaks so they are pinning their hopes on that.

Our ''wonderful new premier'' cut our fire budget down to 64,000,000 or something, & 3 times that has been spent already with another several weeks of fire season to go. He was taken on an aerial tour yesterday & I think he did finally see the devastation, but he still shouldn't have gotten voted in, which was by a fluke anyway. Can't remember the details, but it was something of a needless technicality.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Jade we are about 40 miles south of Seattle, if you went due south from Chillawack BC down I-5 it's 175 miles to where we live. So we aren't that far apart.

Sounds like your goobermint official has his head up his butt.  I feel so sorry for you guys, atleast we will get some relief today, or so they say, we are still waiting for the off shore flow to move in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users