Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Here we go again

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCanada

http://globalnews.ca - B.C. Wildfire Sunday: Lightning strikes lead...

As of the news on now....5:30 p.m.
globalnews.ca - B.C. Wildfire Sunday: Lightning strikes lead to more than 140 new fires across B.C.
B.C. Wildfire Sunday: Lightning strikes lead to more than 140 new fires across B.C.
More than 140 new fires are burning across B.C. on Sunday, most of them sparked by lightning strikes.
The southern parts of the province saw the most new blazes with 33 new fires in the Coastal Fire Centre, 41 in the Kamloops Fire Centre and 60 in the Southeast Fire Centre.
BC Wildfire Service chief fire information officer Kevin Skrepnek said there are around 600 fires burning in the province on Sunday. Of those, more than 40 are considered wildfires of note.
B.C. Wildfire Sunday: Lightning strikes lead to more than 140 new fires across B.C.
globalnews.ca

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,796 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Bloody hell ! that sounds terrible.

• JadeBlackOlive likes this
Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCanada

After last year's 18 day evacuation, we kind of know what to do if it happens again, & with the fires getting closer, its not beyond possibility this year.

Its just that my husband is recovering from getting his defib/pacemaker implant, & I'm waiting for my second hip replacement, so that makes things difficult for us. I was waiting last year for the first hip to be done, & I'm in the same damn boat again! Can't cut a break.......sigh.......

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,211 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I hope the fires come nowhere near you!

We're being affected by the Holy Fire to the south of us. Ashes are all over my tomato plants, all over everything, but just a little bit so far.

One development about 6 miles away is under voluntary evacuation.

Here are some photos I took from our carport, I was using a zoom lens maxed out.

Holy-Fire-august-8-2018-100.jpg

Holy-Fire-august-8-2018-111.jpg

Latest Holy Fire news from California Dolphin.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

I hope things go ok for you guys Jade I'd hate to see you have to leave your house again. How awful. And what is happening in California is really disturbing.

We've been getting some really interesting sun rises and sun sets around here from all the haze of smoke in the air. There are fires burning in eastern Washington too.  Lucky for us it hasn't been as bad at the last couple of years, some days I couldn't do anything outside it was making me sick. So I can't even imagine being much closer to the fires. 

A few years ago we went east and had to drive through probably 200 miles of smoke just hanging in the air, it was horrible, and I couldn't imagine having to live through it, atleast we could drive out of it and get home to fairly clear air.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCanada

We've been getting the California news & have been wondering about you, UG.

We have a new fire less than 20 miles away, so they are getting closer. Our alerts went up today, so we have to pay attention to the updates. 

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,211 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

We've been getting the California news & have been wondering about you, UG.

We have a new fire less than 20 miles away, so they are getting closer. Our alerts went up today, so we have to pay attention to the updates. 

Yesterday I could see fire near a development about 4 or 5 miles away that is under voluntary evacuation.  I thought the Holy Fire was getting closer, but as it turns out these were intentional backfires done by the firefighters.  The Holy Fire is up to 54% containment and the weather has cooled some.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCanada

Its cooled down here too, for the moment. Lets hope they can get things controlled soon.

My husband is flying to Kelowna today to see his cardiologist for his 6 week checkup, & he may get a view of some of the fires from the air. When he flew out for his surgery, he saw the results of many fires from last year. It stunned him just how close things got to our city.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)