Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I'm An Excellent Fisherman

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,889 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Did I ever tell you about the first and only time I went fishing?

I was hanging around with a group of guys who suddenly decided to go fishing at Chinaman's Creek near Post Augusta in South Australia. I wasn't really interested but they encouraged me to join them and so I did.

For a while I just sat there and poked fun at their lack of success but eventually they gave me a rod and told to "try and do better."

So I stood on the creek bank and cast the line into the water - except it didn't go into the water. I had used too much force and the line sailed out across the creek and landed in a tree on the opposite bank.

I stripped off, swam across the creek, climbed up the tree, disentangled the line and threw it back in the water.

Then I climbed back down the tree, swam across the creek and clambered onto the bank.

I picked up the rod and bingo! First catch of the day. There was a fish on the end of my line!

My friends told me the fish I had caught was a "shitty" and not worth eating. They threw it back into the creek, but I spent the rest of the day telling them how good I was and how bad they were.

For some reason I was never invited to go fishing again.

• Aging Disgracefully and JadeBlackOlive like this
Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationCanada

The first time I ever fished was when we were newlyweds, & a neighbour took us out on his boat. They caught nothing, & I caught 2 ling cod, & 1 rock cod. They were delicious.

• Joe Bloe likes this

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users