Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Devil Made Them Do It

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,833 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

All around the world catholic priests and bishops have been accused of raping thousands of children over the last sixty to seventy years (and probably for centuries before that) and what does the pope say? He says the poor old rapists are being attacked by the devil - and it's a tragedy for them.

As for the children? Not a word.

'In these times, it seems like the Great Accuser has been unchained and is attacking bishops,' the Pope said

The Great Accuser is trying to uncover bishops’ sins in order to scandalise the people, Pope Francis has said.

In a homily at Casa Santa Marta on Tuesday morning, the Pope told bishops that they seem to be under attack from the devil.

The best way for bishops to fight this, he added, is by being men of prayer who remain close to the people and who have the humility to remember they were chosen by God, Vatican News reports.

http://catholicheral...-cause-scandal/

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,300 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

They are not even aware of how HRCC-centric their worldview is. Everything is perceived as good for Mother Church or bad for Mother Church. That is the criteria. And like businessmen locked in to their next quarter projections their focus is razor sharp.

I find that people who've had children tend to like children more, which might explain their having children.  Priests don't usually have children and I wonder if many of them like children and regard them as deserving of autonomy and control over their own bodies. 

When they are not dishing out their ludicrous fairytales to chumps with wallets all those ideas of good and bad go right out the window.  Considered collectively as a class they seem amoral and predatory.  There are many exceptions, priests who are genuine and kind, but they are not in charge and never will be in HRCC.

You can choose to live in peace and harmony with your neighbors, or you can go to church.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,680 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

*yawn*

That Pope Francis sure talks a lot.

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

Not a bit surprised by this at all. The Devil made them do it. Is there no end to this lunacy.

*yawn*

That Pope Francis sure talks a lot.

I wonder if Francis the Talking the Mule is still around and needs a job.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

I predicted that they would blame the Devil.  I have no special insight.  It's what they do.

• Ungodly likes this
Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationCanada

Same old crap.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic