Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Flat Eathers and Science. Faith over Reality.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

http://friendlyathei...utm_content=361

The Flat Earthers are still with us.  This is what happens when faith overcomes reality.

Holy Crap.  No wonder the Creationists are still with us.  The schools have failed.

• JadeBlackOlive likes this
Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • LocationCanada

Makes me wonder what's in the Canadian schools. I haven't heard anything, but ya never know....

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

Oh if I was there for her presentation I'd stand up and proclaim....

"Hey lady, you are talking out of Uranus."

I've been wanting to spring the Flat Earthers on you guys as a nice little comedic diversion, but didn't have the energy to get into it. And then really what is there to talk about, except....WTF

When I first heard of this and the amount of believers is growing, I shit you not, I too thought it was a total joke, but not so, they are extremely serious about it all.  I looked into it just enough to really see if they are serious and yeah as serious as a heart attack they are. 

here's a link to a massive blog post debunking it and you can learn all about it...here is a taste to wet your nutter alert appetite.  I put the link to the rest of it at the bottom of this post, you know if you can't wait to see what else they think.  It's almost like a who done it, they drag Admiral Byrd into it, most of the theory hinges on Byrd and major world wide government conspiracies, of course!!!

What Flat Earthers Believe About Antarctica

In my opinion, the most bizarre of their conspiracies is the one about Antarctica. They have built so many ideas on top of ideas that their beliefs about Antarctica have become so incredibly ludicrous, you couldn't make up the things they will tell you about this frozen continent.

First of all, they do not believe Antarctica is a continent, per se, but a frozen 'ice rim' the circumference of the entire planet planet. Secondly, they believe there is no 24 hour sun on Antarctica during their summer months, and they believe no one can go to Antarctica, because if it were allowed, someone might find the ice wall and prove to the world the earth is flat (really!)!

To keep the Rube Goldberg theme going, in order to prevent people from going and exploring for this ice rim, they believe the UN has a fleet of ships patrolling the entire circumference of the earth, preventing any ships from going there to find the ice wall. They also believe the Antarctic Treaty is proof of this, and there is a multinational agreement to keep anyone from going to Antarctica and finding the truth! Conveniently, this Treaty designed to hide a flat earth is published right on the internet for all to see and read.

antarctica%20retard%20flat%20earth%20mem
Image credit: mine

They believe this is all a conspiracy by the leaders of dozens of nations, the UN, shipping companies, airlines, private companies who deal with the government, and even satellite cable companies, to hide the real truth from you. They will even bring Admiral Byrd and Wikileaks into the mess to 'prove' their conspiracy! All of which we will show is utter nonsense later in the series.

https://steemit.com/...ng-the-ice-wall

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

The funny part is the other conspiracy group.  The group that believes in the Hollow Earth. 

(At both poles, there is an entrance to the Hollow Earth.)

The ideas are mutually contradictory, yet both have a rabid following.  You know.  Like any other opposing religions, that don't care about reality.

• Aging Disgracefully and JadeBlackOlive like this

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Yeah sheesh!

I also forget to mention some other highly regarded ideas these mental midgets hold near and dear.

The holocaust never happened and they seem to go on and on about Jews and Masons and Satan being the root cause of all the woes of the world.

Maybe we can get them to go investigate Antarctica and they can either fall in the hole or walk off the edge.  Which I don't know how far they would actually fall, considering they think our flat Earth is covered by a giant dome type thing.  And we think religious people are nuts, this takes it to an entirely different level.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,416 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

The dumber an idea the more vigorously Homo Sapiens will defend it. 

• Aging Disgracefully and JadeBlackOlive like this

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • LocationCanada

I'm speechless!

• Aging Disgracefully likes this

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Yeah sheesh!

I also forget to mention some other highly regarded ideas these mental midgets hold near and dear.

The holocaust never happened and they seem to go on and on about Jews and Masons and Satan being the root cause of all the woes of the world.

Maybe we can get them to go investigate Antarctica and they can either fall in the hole or walk off the edge.  Which I don't know how far they would actually fall, considering they think our flat Earth is covered by a giant dome type thing.  And we think religious people are nuts, this takes it to an entirely different level.

At least some of the Flat Earth people are Fundamentalist Christians.  Their proof is Scripture.

The Devil takes Jesus up a mountain, to show him all the kingdoms of the world.  Since this would only work if the world was flat -- it follows that the world is flat.  Mind, this is their proof.

There are also flat Earth Muslims.  I don't know which Koran proofs they use.  Just as stupid.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

I'm speechless!

Knowledge has limits.  Stupid and crazy have no limits at all.  

• Ungodly, Cousin Ricky and JadeBlackOlive like this

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Give me another 'I'm speechless", I never delved deep enough into what they think in regards to religion. They are just like that teacher though, they think the rest of us are nuts because we can't see the deception, one of their greatest proofs is the fact that oceans are flat. I am not making this up, not even, wish I was.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • LocationCanada

I don't delve either, I have better things to do with my time.

• Aging Disgracefully likes this

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

It's a simple proposition.  If the Earth is flat, then show me the edge.

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,892 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

It's a simple proposition.  If the Earth is flat, then show me the edge.

I can't remember any of the details, but I once heard a flat-earther explain it something like this:

You can't ever reach the edge because even when you think you are

walking towards it you are actually walking parallel to it. It's nature's

way of preventing you from killing yourself (by walking off the edge).

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,416 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Anybody who think nature protects us may be dangerously naive.

• Cousin Ricky and JadeBlackOlive like this

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

I can't remember any of the details, but I once heard a flat-earther explain it something like this:

You can't ever reach the edge because even when you think you are

walking towards it you are actually walking parallel to it. It's nature's

way of preventing you from killing yourself (by walking off the edge).

So -- the reason we can't find the edge is -- we're delusional?

Only a deeply religious mind, could come up with that.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Anybody who think nature protects us may be dangerously naive.

A Pantheist might say that.  Obviously, "Nature" has no agency.  Nature is neither good nor evil.  Nature has no sentience.  

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • LocationCanada

Ohhhhh.......kaaaaaaay!

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,716 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

What Flat Earthers Believe About Antarctica

[snip]

First of all, they do not believe Antarctica is a continent, per se, but a frozen 'ice rim' the circumference of the entire planet planet. Secondly, they believe there is no 24 hour sun on Antarctica during their summer months, and they believe no one can go to Antarctica, because if it were allowed, someone might find the ice wall and prove to the world the earth is flat (really!)!

To keep the Rube Goldberg theme going, in order to prevent people from going and exploring for this ice rim, they believe the UN has a fleet of ships patrolling the entire circumference of the earth, preventing any ships from going there to find the ice wall. They also believe the Antarctic Treaty is proof of this, and there is a multinational agreement to keep anyone from going to Antarctica and finding the truth! Conveniently, this Treaty designed to hide a flat earth is published right on the internet for all to see and read.

[snip]

I’ve been to Antarctica. I saw the Sun up in the sky during the wee hours; it never set until we flew back north to Chile.

I’m still waiting for my check, UN! Where is it?

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

I’ve been to Antarctica. I saw the Sun up in the sky during the wee hours; it never set until we flew back north to Chile.

I’m still waiting for my check, UN! Where is it?

What is the Flat Earth supposed to be resting on?  The great turtle?  Turtles all the way down?

They should only get into a war, with the people who believe in the Hollow Earth.

Maybe there is a third group, who believes the Earth is flat and hollow?  Wait until they find the trap door on the bottom.        [smilie=giggle.gif] 

Edited by jonathanlobl, 05 October 2018 - 05:55 PM.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • LocationCanada

Maybe it square.....we always hear about the 4 corners of the world.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users