Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Year Later and Stronger Than Ever

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,408 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

In 8 days we'll reach the one year anniversary of my broken hip. I know I am very lucky to have been able to make a full recovery, I deserve some of the credit along with my husband who patiently coached and helped me without ever once complaining. Apparently when you break your hip you also find out who loves you.

Enough wallowing in sentimentality! I'm, posting this to tell you that in the last month I seem to have crossed some sort of threshold and now I'm faster and stronger than ever before. I recently did the 3 mile route in 45:01. I'm coming home less tired than before, and I never feel pain in my hip on my walk unless it is a both hips aching day.

My breathing is better. My Dr has told me to greatly reduce my asthma prevention medication, and I no longer carry my asthma inhaler because I no longer have trouble with asthma. Bam, another benefit of my walk.

I used to have two large and painful plantar warts on the bottom of my foot, they are long gone with no sign they ever existed. I can now walk on hard floors in just my socks comfortably again. Bam, another benefit of my walk.

My sense of balance is improved, though still dodgy at times.  If I stumble I am able to recover gracefully because the muscles involved in walking are strong.  Plus practice makes greatly improved. Bam, another benefit of my walk.

I had a new DEXA scan recently but still have not heard the results, I expect my bones are more dense as things that used to hurt now hurt less or not at all.

All that metal in my leg is barely noticeable until I try to lay on my left side, then I notice it as muscles are squashed into the metal bits that stick out, a screw, a bolt, and a large hollow rod.  

Consider it was last November 14 I broke it and by April 6 I had completed my first normal week of 3 miles @ 5 days.  I pushed hard and I was very lucky that my surgeon and physical therapist were good at what they do.

Conditions are now ideal for today's walk, temp about 52F, wind calm, and I had nearly 5.5 hours sleep!

I think I'm finally getting adjusted to the stupid, ought to be deprecated time change. 

As we say here in Cali, it's all good.

• JadeBlackOlive likes this

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,889 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

You lucky bastard!

I'm getting slower by the week.

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

Good going UG I'm glad to hear you are dong so well and all your hard work is paying off. 

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationCanada

Good news all round, UG! I really do wish they'd knock off this time changing though.

I hope everyone who can, is voting!

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,408 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

We passed a ballot initiative in Cali that authorizes our state legislature to beg and plead with Uncle Sam to get permission to be on DST permanently.

Now that's job security for thousands of programmers. Time zone crap drives programmers batty.

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users