Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Congress May Except Religious Schools From Gay Rights Laws

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
365Gay reports that the US Congress is considering legislation that would allow exceptions for religious schools to any State or City laws protecting children or adults from discrimination because of their sexual orientation.

This would allow the schools to continue taking tax money from Uncle Sam, some of which inevitably comes from families with gay members, then use this money to practice state-funded bigotry.

Do you believe organizations that advocate discrimination should get government funding?

Dax

Dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
It's their Christian right, ain't it? I mean, everyone knows that all that stands between chaos and anarchy, i.e. the hidden gay agenda, and a moral society are Us, True Christians™!

Actually, no, I'm unable to understand the fact that the US is the only Western country where gay discrimination is so prevalent and considered to be a very Christian thing to do.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I am all for private organizations discriminating against anyone they wish to. As a business owner I want the right to throw out or keep out anyone I so choose and let the market decide what happens to me. For example the new smoking laws in my state. Bullshit! If it's my business and I want to allow smoking then customers who don't like it should stay away. If I lose business then it is my doing. If a person doesn't like a restaurant that allows smoking, then they should boycott it. Eventually it will all even out. Same for any private organization, club, school, even church. It's their ballpark and their ball. But any public funded organization should be open to anyone regardless of any differences.

Ripley

Ripley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey, why not? The Boy Scouts have been doing for years.
:evil:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I don't think any public money should go to any religious organizations at all, regardless of whether or not they discriminate.

But if they do discriminate, then they definitely should be barred from recieveing taxpayer's money!

But whatever I think, the politicians will keep trying to use such issues to manipulate the voters in order to stay in power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users