Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

msgs, truth,facts and putting sugar into spegettie sauce or pizza suace

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Quill

Quill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

i asked in a physics forum but my thread was banned or takin down so I am asking here instead in hopes someone here knows. currently I have been hearing about msgs on the net. one person said msgs are good for you and another person said the opposite and that msgs will make you hungry for the food products you buy so you come back and by more so the food company or whatever can rake in the doe when its bad for you or awful for the body. this is a contradiction, so who is right? is msgs good or bad? the next question is my mother was telling me how sugar and salt put into tomato pizza or spaghetti sauce takes out the impurities in the sauce and makes the sauce better health wise while the sugar and/or salt melts away out of it. I asked her because I was going to eat spaghetti at a place I go to but then they put sugar in the spaghetti sauce so I did not eat it as I thought the sugar would be bad health wise for my body and go towards messing my teeth up since its sugar. So is my mother right? is adding sugar to spaghetti sauce bad for the body or not?

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationCanada

I hate sugar in pasta sauces, & find it totally unnecessary to use it.

I do use salt, but less than any recipe calls for, as its just way too much for many things.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,520 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

MSG is monosodium glutamate, a naturally occurring ingredient in many foods that makes food taste better. MSG is not harmful, I often use it in the meals I prepare. It is wise to add less MSG than salt.  I see no harm in making food taste better.

I rarely add sugar to anything. I do use less than a teaspoon of sugar in my one cup of coffee per day.

A little bit of sugar or a little bit of salt will not ruin the nutritional value of a good meal. The key is moderation.

Salt is a required nutrient, we need it, so it would be unwise to completely avoid salt in the diet.

• JadeBlackOlive likes this

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationCanada

MSG makes me blow up like a balloon with fluid retention, & I don't feel well after eating it at all....almost like a drugged feeling.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Quill

Quill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Again thanks all for answering, much apreciated, i hope you all enjoy new years.

• Aging Disgracefully likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users