Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

God is Immoral. The Pastor said so.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

https://friendlyathe...&utm_content=44

Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts
  • LocationCanada

Kinda wall obsessed.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,061 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

When they finally convince themselves that they speak for God, they also convince themselves that they no longer have to think about what they say. They can say whatever they like, no matter how thoughtless; no matter how nonsensical, and it is still true because God wouldn't let them say it if it wasn't true.

They say religion is not a mental illness, but it's getting close...

• JadeBlackOlive likes this

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

I can't take it anymore. I know I say that all the time, but it just gets worse and worse and worse ever day.

Sunday we had a big wind storm and power outages were extremely broad. so I made a joke about how maybe DrumpAss turned the power off  until he gets his wall. Then a close relative, not my husband, said.." We need something, we can't be taking care of all those people trying to get in"  [smilie=grayball-intent.gif]  [smilie=graytard.gif]

Drumpass and his henchwoman Sarah Fuckabug are now convincing the dim witted that we have hordes of terrorist coming across the border. 

You will love this...and on Faux news no less. [smilie=happydance.gif]  [smilie=hrmm.gif]

(forgive me for making you look at Sarah)

Edited by Aging Disgracefully, 08 January 2019 - 05:12 AM.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Kinda wall obsessed.

It's an edifice complex.      [smilie=giggle.gif] 

• Ungodly and JadeBlackOlive like this

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

When they finally convince themselves that they speak for God, they also convince themselves that they no longer have to think about what they say. They can say whatever they like, no matter how thoughtless; no matter how nonsensical, and it is still true because God wouldn't let them say it if it wasn't true.

I still regard religion as a form of addiction.  Consider what happens when people become intoxicated.  Their judgement becomes faulty.  Many become loud and belligerent -- with an exaggerated sense of their own competence.  They become impervious to reason.  They want others to drink with them.

In terms of actual brain chemistry, gambling addiction might be a better model.  We have patterns of destructive, irrational and antisocial behavior -- also intent on bringing others into the activity.

God's lack of morality is a separate issue.  If we look at a different fictional character -- like Captain Ahab -- Yes, we might say that Captain Ahab is unreasonable.  And God is immoral.  

Edited by jonathanlobl, 08 January 2019 - 06:22 AM.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts
  • LocationCanada

I can't take it anymore. I know I say that all the time, but it just gets worse and worse and worse ever day.

Sunday we had a big wind storm and power outages were extremely broad. so I made a joke about how maybe DrumpAss turned the power off  until he gets his wall. Then a close relative, not my husband, said.." We need something, we can't be taking care of all those people trying to get in"  [smilie=grayball-intent.gif]  [smilie=graytard.gif]

Drumpass and his henchwoman Sarah Fuckabug are now convincing the dim witted that we have hordes of terrorist coming across the border. 

You will love this...and on Faux news no less. [smilie=happydance.gif]  [smilie=hrmm.gif]

(forgive me for making you look at Sarah)

You're forgiven......this time.....hahahaha.....

They seem to forget they have plenty of law breaking born & raised citizens.....including politicians!

Edited by JadeBlackOlive, 08 January 2019 - 11:21 AM.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,692 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

This is why mental illness often manifests as extreme religiosity. Any dose of religion is ill advised, but an overdose is insanity.

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

This is why mental illness often manifests as extreme religiosity. Any dose of religion is ill advised, but an overdose is insanity.

Most people have no trouble consuming modest amounts of alcohol.  Some "extremists" become alcoholics.

For those who do become alcoholics; AA has a caution.  "One drink is too much.  A thousand is not enough."

In like manner, I think this applies to religion.  Many find it a harmless pleasure.  Others are destroyed by it.  In fairness, religion is more like opium than alcohol.  More addicting and more dangerous.

• Aging Disgracefully and JadeBlackOlive like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users