Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stupidity....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationCanada

An anguished question from a Trump supporter: "Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?"

The serious answer: Here’s what we really think about Trump supporters - the rich, the poor, the malignant and the innocently well-meaning, the ones who think and the ones who don't...

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people, you thought "Fine."

That when you saw a man who had made it his business practice to stiff his creditors, you said, "Okay."

That when you heard him proudly brag about his own history of sexual abuse, you said, "No problem."

That when he made up stories about seeing muslim-Americans in the thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said, "Not an issue."

That when you saw him brag that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and you wouldn't care, you chirped, "He sure knows me."

That when you heard him illustrate his own character by telling that cute story about the elderly guest bleeding on the floor at his country club, the story about how he turned his back and how it was all an imposition on him, you said, "That's cool!"

That when you saw him mock the disabled, you thought it was the funniest thing you ever saw.

That when you heard him brag that he doesn't read books, you said, "Well, who has time?"

That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men convicted of a crime they didn't commit, and he angrily said that they should still be in prison, you said, "That makes sense."

That when you heard him tell his supporters to beat up protesters and that he would hire attorneys, you thought, "Yes!"

That when you heard him tell one rally to confiscate a man's coat before throwing him out into the freezing cold, you said, "What a great guy!"

That you have watched the parade of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with whom he curries favor, while refusing to condemn outright Nazis, and you have said, "Thumbs up!"

That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral win, you said, "That's the way I want my President to be."

That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the industries they're supposed to be regulating and you have said, "What a genius!"

That you have heard him continue to profit from his businesses, in part by leveraging his position as President, to the point of overcharging the Secret Service for space in the properties he owns, and you have said, "That's smart!"

That you have heard him say that it was difficult to help Puerto Rico because it was the middle of water and you have said, "That makes sense."

That you have seen him start fights with every country from Canada to New Zealand while praising Russia and quote, "falling in love" with the dictator of North Korea, and you have said, "That's statesmanship!"

That Trump separated children from their families and put them in cages, managed to lose track of 1500 kids. has opened a tent city incarceration camp in the desert in Texas - he explains that they’re just “animals” - and you say, “well, ok then.”

That you have witnessed all the thousand and one other manifestations of corruption and low moral character and outright animalistic rudeness and contempt for you, the working American voter, and you still show up grinning and wearing your MAGA hats and threatening to beat up anybody who says otherwise.

What you don't get, Trump supporters, is that succumbing to frustration and thinking of you as stupid may be wrong and unhelpful, but it's also...hear me...charitable.

Because if you're NOT stupid, we must turn to other explanations, and most of them are less flattering.

• Cousin Ricky, Joe Bloe and Aging Disgracefully like this

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

And that's just the short list! 

I used to work with some people who I know would still be wearing one of the red dunce caps. god fearing good Uhmericans. the kind of people who tell jokes, mean spirited bigoted jokes. And others would laugh. I'd leave the room, when I could anyway. and certainly wouldn't laugh. Now I wish I would have really gave them a piece of my mind. I live in a progressive state I think, but not so all the residents. some would fit right in with cheering "deplorables" or any Klan meeting.

They are ignorant and stupid and assholes. I try not to pick on the mentally challenged, but all bets are off now.  [smilie=hellyeah.gif]

• JadeBlackOlive likes this
When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationCanada

Who would have thought ''human'' behaviour would still be this awful?

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

Not the kind of list I would have written, as the racism and offensive comments are low-hanging fruit.  Policy is where you can actually hurt Trump, and on policy, he's not only been atrocious, he's also gone back on the few positive campaign promises he made.  This is a fact that Trump cultists vehemently deny because they live in their own reality, and to them, anything Trump does is automatically good even if it contradicts his previous positions.  For example:

* He ran on a platform of non-intervention, but then escalated the eight wars we were involved in, increased drone strikes 432% and killed more innocent civilians in his first year than Obama did his entire term, ramped up the military budget to $700 BN (with help from many Democrats) launched missiles into Syria, increased support for the Saudi-led genocide in Yemen, and spent money on weapons programs not even the military wants.  Sure, he recently promised to withdraw troops from Syria and Afghanistan, but he's already moonwalking on that promise to please his neocon buddies, and he had previously made similar disingenuous promises.  Currently he's on track to privatize the wars, which is worse in many ways, as private mercenary groups have zero accountability.

The fact that he wants peace with North Korea and Russia is a good thing, not bad, but let's get real.  He's taken credit for the talks with N. Korea that were actually planned by President Moon of S. Korea, who has been leading the efforts to secure a peace treaty with N. Korea.  Trump spent months antagonizing N. Korea and threatening them with nuclear annihilation, when all of a sudden he flipped.  Trump supporters praised him for being tough and credited his threats of violence with bringing Kim to the negotiating table, despite the fact that Trump had almost nothing to do with that.  When it comes to Russia, Trump has in fact enacted policies meant to threaten and antagonize Russia, such as launching missiles into Russia's ally Syria, passing multiple sanctions against them, and arming Ukraine against Russia.

* He ran on universal healthcare, but then caused 3 million additional people to lose their health coverage since taking office, due to his orders dismantling the Affordable Care Act.  He tried to pass his own healthcare bill, which the bipartisan CBO said would cause an additional 20 million to lose their healthcare.  Obamacare was a tiny bandage over a gushing arterial wound, but Trump has torn off that bandage and returned to the Bush era status quo.

* He ran against money in politics and condemned Ted Cruz and Hillary Clinton for taking money from Wall St.  As soon as he won the election, he filled his cabinet with Goldman Sachs and got on his knees to beg for Wall St. cash.  As a candidate he promised to reinstate Glass-Steagall, but has since led the charge to deregulate Wall St.

* He ran against bad trade deals like NAFTA and the TPP.  However, his NAFTA renegotiation last year with the USMCA was pretty much the same as the old NAFTA, only now with some of the worst provisions of TPP added in.

* Trump promised to stop job outsourcing and bring all those jobs back.  As president, Trump has outsourced more jobs than Obama, has engaged in crony capitalism in a hollow gesture pretending to save jobs, and has been forced to bail out American farmers after his tariffs on China resulted in a ban on American produce.  He passed a tax cut where 83% of the benefits went to the top 1%.  He boasted of record unemployment and a booming stock market, even though wages have remained stagnant, the unemployment rate doesn't count those who aren't looking for work, and the stock market is only an indication of how the wealthy are doing.

* He ran on a promise to bring down the cost of prescription drugs.  Thanks to his fetish for deregulation, the exact opposite has happened.

* He pandered to the LGBT community on the campaign trail.  He was hoping they wouldn't notice he picked homophobic religious extremist Mike Pence as his VP.  Trump has taken an axe to LGBT rights since he's been in office.

Trump supporters believe Trump can do no wrong, so they frequently end up defending every single one of his policies that contradict his promises.  They insist he's anti-establishment despite the fact that he's licking the boots of the Republican establishment and doing exactly what Jeb Bush would have done.  They say he's a strong leader and an alpha male, even though he's gotten on his knees to suck off Muhammad Bin Salman and Benjamin Netenyahu.  They cheer on his fascist border policies, even though Trump has hired plenty of illegal immigrants himself and couldn't care less about border security.

So yeah, calling the MAGA chuds stupid is charitable.

• Aging Disgracefully likes this

The new Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy: Massacre a crowd of civilians, draw a target around them, and declare they were all terrorists.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,520 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

It can't be denied, he is not a nice man. One day he will be gone, if I'm still here I'll celebrate that joyous event.

• Aging Disgracefully and JadeBlackOlive like this

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users