Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

finding my lifes purpose based on Jack canfeild, BS or not?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Quill

Quill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hi folks, how are you doing these days? any way, this tuesday i decided to ask my therapist if she could help me find my purpose in life and thats what we spent discussing for the whole session. she printed out pages of jack can fields blog part or whole portion to take home with me and I read over it mostly. In his blog he explains 10 tips to help you find your passion or how do discover your purpose in life. my homework for therapy was to pic a tip/or tips and try them out, then bring it back to my next session with my therapist. The problem with this is(witch brings up big red BS flags in mind) That he uses words in his blog like "BALIEVE" and says things like "we are born with a deep and meaningful purpose that we have to discover" or "your purpose is not something you need to make up, its already there." Just what exactly does he base his belief's about finding your passion or purpose in life on? and what does he base those 2 quotes above that he said in his blog on? faith? religion? woo woo? Is what he said based on Legit science, phycology, human brain biology or facts? Even though I have doubts about Jack can fields 10 tips working I decided to try it anyway. His second quote I mentioned above conflicts with my own philosophy that anyone can create there own purpose in life or make a purpose for themselves if they don't have one. For a while I already have what I think is my purpose witch is to become a pro pick up artist/player, have sex or live the life of a player as a way of life tell the end. Even though I have thought this is my life's purpose and all I want to be, it doesn't motivate me to keep going with my life nor give me inner motivation to complete my goals as the only thing keeping me going has been outer motivation for a long while. Because of that, it makes me think that becoming a player is not my lifes purpose but rather something different. Apparently wanting to become a pic up artist/player is just a desire of mine to have sex, nothing more as I have always had a big sex drive thus why I am doing this 10 tip method.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,566 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Is what he said based on Legit science, phycology, human brain biology or facts?

I strongly suspect this is simply optimistic wishful thinking, or possibly authoritarianism - the notion that if you are a floor scrubber that is your mission in life so just shut up and take it.  Either way I disagree.

Life is like a maze and when you get to the end it ends. Perhaps hard work will help you find a pleasant and rewarding path through life, or maybe that is only luck. Some of each I think.

Sometimes a person will try something and then have an intuitive sense that 'yeah, I like this!' but that does not have anything to do with destiny.

Sometimes I feel like my role in this world is to point out the absurdity of the status quo, but that's just because I'm sarcastic.

Other times I've felt like my role is to oppose war, and that actually is a glove I like to wear.  Was I born to be a conscientious objector? No, I just happened to be draft bait during the Vietnam war.

Most people I know who seem happy in life spend at least some time doing things to help other people. Our brains definitely are hardwired to reward us when we are kind, it's well documented.  Charity work, art, creativity, anything that involves you interacting with society in a positive way is likely to be satisfying.

<projection>
Sex is wonderful, I highly recommend it.  Outside of a personal relationship, so called anonymous sex, is instantly satisfying buy may leave a sense of being unfulfilled. 
</projection>

The Amish have a saying "Kissing wears off, cooking don't."  I think I understand this.

<applies to males only>

Once somebody serves you a delicious meal you'll want them to feed you anytime/forever. But with sex nothing ever equals the first time with a new partner. This is the inherent male compulsion to impregnate as many women as possible, it serves the interests of the individual (spreading his DNA widely) but possibly not those of society or his offspring and partners.
</applies to males only>

After 70 years the greatest meaning I find in life is the love I share with my family and friends. That's enough for me, but I'm older and my hormones are settling down.  I do still get a kick out of vocally opposing the evil deeds of governments, religions, and especially religious governments.

If life is like baking a cake then the cake is whatever you make it.

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,990 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

I've never had a purpose in life. I just plod along, doing what comes naturally, and everything seems to work out in the end.

There are some who say that our purpose in life is to provide a safe haven for tapeworms.

• Ungodly and Aging Disgracefully like this
Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

I've never had a purpose in life. I just plod along, doing what comes naturally, and everything seems to work out in the end.

Me neither Joe.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,990 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Makes life interesting doesn't it?

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users