Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Life Is Full Of Surprises

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

RIP Joe Bloe

RIP Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,061 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

I had a Baker's Cyst on a knee 5 years ago and the pain was very intense and my doc gave me Tramadol.a narcotic with a  high risk for addiction and dependence. Can cause respiratory distress and death when taken in high doses or when combined with other substances, especially alcohol.Funny thing was when he gave it to me, no comments on what it was are how dangerous it can be or anything.  I really stretched out the use of the pain pills and still have some left.

Before I retired I was a physical and mental wreck (I'm such a whiner) I was barely sleeping a few hours a night.​ and I was prescribed a sleeping pill, the one that makes people get up in the middle of the night and go off wandering around or fixing sandwiches or god only knows what else you might do in the drug induced trance.  I only took one pill and disposed of the rest of them.  

I'm still not opposed to the use of pain pills, sometimes they are just absolutely needed

the thing with handing out the Oxycodone like candy to people reminds me of the 1960's and early 70's when Big Pharma and the medical profession were handing out amphetamines like nobody's business. And Valium. The availability and quality was really quite extraordinary. 

Once again showing how we are treated like lab animals, sure folks, this is completely safe. 

Regarding Valium: I remember one newspaper story (from the 1970s) about a pharmaceutical company which repackaged Valium under a different name; explaining to doctors that it was an ideal substitute for patients who had expressed a reluctance to use Valium. Is it possible to get any more cynical than that?

I can see the problems for a young person who is accidentally addicted to OxyContin because they have a whole life-time ahead of them. In my own case, however, it is not so much of a problem because my time is limited anyway.

Edited by Joe Bloe, 06 April 2019 - 06:38 PM.

• JadeBlackOlive likes this
Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,810 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Before I retired I was a physical and mental wreck (I'm such a whiner) I was barely sleeping a few hours a night.​ and I was prescribed a sleeping pill, the one that makes people get up in the middle of the night and go off wandering around or fixing sandwiches or god only knows what else you might do in the drug induced trance.  I only took one pill and disposed of the rest of them.  

You didn’t fire off any racist tweets while you were out, did you?

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

Regarding Valium: I remember one newspaper story (from the 1970s) about a a pharmaceutical company which repackaged Valium under a different name; explaining to doctors that it was an ideal substitute for patients who had expressed a reluctance to use Valium. Is it possible to get any more cynical than that?

I can see the problems for a young person who is accidentally addicted to OxyContin because they have a whole life-time ahead of them. In my own case, however, it is not so much of a problem because my time is limited anyway.

That sounds about right, just renaming something and then passing it off as something less harmful or addictive.

Joe I think you should be able to have anything you want or need to make you more comfortable, but it seems the Oxy was just being handed out willy nilly to everybody and anybody who wanted it, 

You didn’t fire off any racist tweets while you were out, did you?

LOL that could go a long ways into explaining some bizarre behaviors.

Edited by Aging Disgracefully, 27 March 2019 - 04:21 AM.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

RIP Joe Bloe

RIP Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,061 posts

I've just spent another week in hospital and the results were pretty good. The doctors have come up with a combination of two "puffers" and one drug which help my breathing immensely. Consider:

When I arrived at the hospital I was gasping for breath and had to call for a wheelchair to take me to my ward.

This morning (a week later) I walked out of the hospital under my steam with just a small amount of heavy breathing (certainly not gasping).

I might have a go at next week's half-marathon.  :-)

Edited by Joe Bloe, 06 April 2019 - 06:46 PM.

• Ungodly, Cousin Ricky, Aging Disgracefully and 1 other like this

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

That sounds very positive. Good to hear!

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

I've just spent another week in hospital and the results were pretty good. The doctors have come up with a combination of two "puffers" and one drug which help my breathing immensely. Consider:

When I arrived at the hospital I was gasping for breath and had to call for a wheelchair to take me to my ward.

This morning (a week later) I walked out of the hospital under my steam with just a small amount of heavy breathing (certainly not gasping).

I might have a go at next week's half-marathon.  :-)

Hi Joe, I'm glad to hear this. Keep up the good work. 

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

RIP Joe Bloe

RIP Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,061 posts

I've started running short of breath again.

Had an appointment for an X-Ray yesterday, but when the time came to leave home, I just knew I couldn't make it, so I called up the hospital and rescheduled the X-Ray for next week.

Luckily I don't feel at all unwell and while I'm sitting at the computer I feel as good as I did twenty years ago. It's just that when it comes to doing anything physical, I have to get the timing just right.

5AM I tested myself out and cooked bacon and eggs for breakfast. Delicious. (But now I need a rest before I wash the plates.)

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do for yourself.

• RIP Joe Bloe likes this

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

RIP Joe Bloe

RIP Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,061 posts

Back in  hospital again. Had a disastrous gasping episode during the week. Ten doctors and nurses in my room at the same time. Morphine, Clonozepan, Oxygen increased from 1/2 litre to 2.5 litres, and all sorts of instructions: "In through the nose, out through the mouth, take it easy, nice and slow." At least I've learned to manage the feelings of panic when these breathing attacks occur.

Can't go home again - too  many stairs. Off to a Nursing Home soon.  

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

You need to do what is best for you now. Thinking of you often.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,703 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
My very dear friend, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Listen to JadeBlackOlive and focus on being comfortable.

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Back in  hospital again. Had a disastrous gasping episode during the week. Ten doctors and nurses in my room at the same time. Morphine, Clonozepan, Oxygen increased from 1/2 litre to 2.5 litres, and all sorts of instructions: "In through the nose, out through the mouth, take it easy, nice and slow." At least I've learned to manage the feelings of panic when these breathing attacks occur.

Can't go home again - too  many stairs. Off to a Nursing Home soon.  

Joe I haven't been around much, but I think of you often and hope you are doing as well as can be expected, I'm so sorry to hear you won't be going home again, but you will get the care you need and won't have to be alone. 

All my best to you dear sir.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users