Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Birth of Constantine I (Feb 27, 272)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,038 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

February 27, 272. :   Constantine I, first Christian Emperor of Rome, was born.
[...]
Constantine was the first Roman Emperor to freely allow Christianity.

[...]

Constantine removed penalties for professing Christianity, under which many were martyred in previous persecutions of Christians, and he returned confiscated Church property. Christians were permitted to compete with pagan Romans in the traditional "cursus honorum" for high government positions and greater acceptance into general civil society. New churches were allowed to be constructed.

https://today.referd...9ca00c830b4a44a

That was the beginning of the end. By 400CE the Christians had control of the government and used their power to ban all pagan religions. Anyone who spoke in favour of pagan religions could be banned from high office, have his/her property confiscated, get sent to prison, or even executed. Not surprisingly, the pagan religions slowly disappeared and Christianity came out on top.

If it wasn't for Constantine, I would have probably been baptised with bull's blood in a cave dedicated to Mithra :-)

Edited by Joe Bloe, 26 February 2019 - 09:33 PM.

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,630 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

If it wasn't for Constantine, I would have probably been baptised with bull's blood in a cave dedicated to Mithra :-)

Caves are great, used to explore limestone caves back in Pennsyltucky.  Baptism is silly, they should use shampoo along with the water so at least the baby gets their hair washed.

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users