Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So, You're telling me God Was Unaware?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,691 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

gallery_2_4_17180.jpg

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

It's funny, sad and true.  All at the same time.

Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • LocationThe Geezer Plateau

What Jonathan said and REALLY, this makes no sense to religious nutters !?  They should be leaving the churches in droves, since god is all knowing and all seeing, they can pray in their houses.

It's like trying to reason with a person who is obsessive compulsive, it doesn't matter how many times you point out to them they don't need to wash their hands constantly or any of their other irrational behaviours. But I digress and feel like I better nip this in the bud before it turns into a full on rant.  [smilie=graytard.gif]

Great cartoon, but it's unfortunate it's so sad and true.

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,800 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Slow priest. The answer is, of course, that God did know about how those children were seducing the priests. Naturally, the kids deserve their living hell for corrupting the men of God.

• Ungodly and Aging Disgracefully like this
“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Slow priest. The answer is, of course, that God did know about how those children were seducing the priests. Naturally, the kids deserve their living hell for corrupting the men of God.

Oh yeah of course, what was I thinkin!!!!

When my people come to colonize this planet, your names will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • LocationCanada

Riiiiiight!!!!!!

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

What Jonathan said and REALLY, this makes no sense to religious nutters !?  They should be leaving the churches in droves, since god is all knowing and all seeing, they can pray in their houses.

It's like trying to reason with a person who is obsessive compulsive, it doesn't matter how many times you point out to them they don't need to wash their hands constantly or any of their other irrational behaviours. But I digress and feel like I better nip this in the bud before it turns into a full on rant.  [smilie=graytard.gif]

Great cartoon, but it's unfortunate it's so sad and true.

I'm always close to a rant.  Everything that we supposedly know about God, comes from the Bible.  I've read the Bible.  I can't take the Bible seriously, long enough, to debate it.

Whence comes all this horse shit stupidity?  How is it even possible, to believe in God?

That's enough.  I don't want to raise my blood pressure.

• Aging Disgracefully and JadeBlackOlive like this

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,691 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

... it doesn't matter how many times you point out to them they don't need to wash their hands constantly or any of their other irrational behaviours. But I digress and feel like I better nip this in the bud before it turns into a full on rant.

You were just getting warmed up.  Don't hold back for our sake, I  love your rants  and I reckon most other folks do too.

• Joe Bloe and JadeBlackOlive like this

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Aging Disgracefully

Aging Disgracefully

Devil's Parsley Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

You were just getting warmed up.  Don't hold back for our sake, I  love your rants  and I reckon most other folks do too.

Oh you made my morning! but I'm "trying" to convince myself that rants about things I have no control over serve no purpose and generally just make my stomach acid churn and then my diverticulosis flares up.  In person I tend to go off on Chevy Chase in Vacation type rants.

Although it also is like a release valve on a pressure cooker, it's good to let off a bit of steam. I take after my father, he was very adept at "the slow boil" or simmer. And then the few time he did blow his cork, it was epic. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]  [smilie=laff.gif]

I'm always close to a rant.  Everything that we supposedly know about God, comes from the Bible.  I've read the Bible.  I can't take the Bible seriously, long enough, to debate it.

Whence comes all this horse shit stupidity?  How is it even possible, to believe in God?

That's enough.  I don't want to raise my blood pressure.

Excellent mini rant!  [smilie=hiya.gif]

• Ungodly and JadeBlackOlive like this

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Oh you made my morning! but I'm "trying" to convince myself that rants about things I have no control over serve no purpose and generally just make my stomach acid churn and then my diverticulosis flares up.  In person I tend to go off on Chevy Chase in Vacation type rants.

Although it also is like a release valve on a pressure cooker, it's good to let off a bit of steam. I take after my father, he was very adept at "the slow boil" or simmer. And then the few time he did blow his cork, it was epic. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]  [smilie=laff.gif]

Excellent mini rant!  [smilie=hiya.gif]

Thank you.  Try this one.

What objective, verifiable facts do we have about God?  None.  None at all.  Not even a working definition.  Even the question, of God's existence, is meaningless and irrelevant.  It doesn't matter whether or not God exists.  I am an Apatheist.

The questions that we ask, take us to different answers.

Do I know whether or not God exists?  I'm an Agnostic.

Do I believe that God exists?  I'm an Atheist.

Do I care whether or not God exists?  I'm an Apatheist.

In the absence of objective, verifiable facts; there is nothing left even to discuss.  

This part is the rant:  Without facts, all we have is opinion.

Edited by jonathanlobl, 15 March 2019 - 05:15 AM.

• Cousin Ricky, Aging Disgracefully and JadeBlackOlive like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users