Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forced Bible Class in Florida Public Schools

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

https://friendlyathe...&utm_content=44

Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,692 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Clearly this woman illustrates the fact that stupidity does not rule out aggressiveness.  That is to say, one can be aggressively stupid. It's nearly a synonym for pious.

Within each major religion there is a subset of persons who are fanatically fervent. They share certain common characteristics no matter which brand of ancient bullshit has infected their mind. On display here is the powerful compulsion to recruit new victims into the cult.

What they fail to realize is that we don't want no stinking invisible sky monsters. It's not that we have not heard of <insert_brand_of_stupidity> before. We have heard all about it ad nauseum. We reject it because it is ridiculous, obnoxious, nasty and false.

A few years ago I would have laughed this off, but bad ideas are making a powerful comeback under the tutelage of our Bloviating Ignoramus.

I could be done with this planet any time now.  So many people being militantly stupid.  Hateses it.

• Aging Disgracefully likes this

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

Clearly this woman illustrates the fact that stupidity does not rule out aggressiveness.  That is to say, one can be aggressively stupid. It's nearly a synonym for pious.

Within each major religion there is a subset of persons who are fanatically fervent. They share certain common characteristics no matter which brand of ancient bullshit has infected their mind. On display here is the powerful compulsion to recruit new victims into the cult.

What they fail to realize is that we don't want no stinking invisible sky monsters. It's not that we have not heard of <insert_brand_of_stupidity> before. We have heard all about it ad nauseum. We reject it because it is ridiculous, obnoxious, nasty and false.

A few years ago I would have laughed this off, but bad ideas are making a powerful comeback under the tutelage of our Bloviating Ignoramus.

I could be done with this planet any time now.  So many people being militantly stupid.  Hateses it.

If the demographic predictions are true, Islam will be the next big thing.  I'm waiting to see how the Fundies like being in the minority.  This could be a lot of fun.  Sick, but fun.  The ultimate -- "I told you so."

Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users