Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Homophobic Bigots. Because God

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

https://friendlyathe...utm_content=361

Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationCanada

So because they hate gays, they will just disappear, huh?

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts

So because they hate gays, they will just disappear, huh?

That seems unlikely.      [smilie=happydance.gif] 

• JadeBlackOlive likes this

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,667 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

The bigot claims "...marriage, which has been biblically based for thousands of years as being between a man and a woman"

This is false. For thousands of years millions of couples have been married without ever having set eyes on a Bible. That rag is not the source of marriage and it is not thousands of years old either, more like 1600 years.

Also fuck him and fuck his religion too.

PS, I did not look at the Friendly Atheist article, I'm over Mr Mehta. I discerned the topic being discussed by looking at the URL, then found a more primary source.

• JadeBlackOlive likes this

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts

The bigot claims "...marriage, which has been biblically based for thousands of years as being between a man and a woman"

This is false. For thousands of years millions of couples have been married without ever having set eyes on a Bible. That rag is not the source of marriage and it is not thousands of years old either, more like 1600 years.

Also fuck him and fuck his religion too.

PS, I did not look at the Friendly Atheist article, I'm over Mr Mehta. I discerned the topic being discussed by looking at the URL, then found a more primary source.

The topic at hand is Biblical marriage.  That makes the Bible the primary source.

The big men of the Bible could have as many (female) wives as they wanted.  Also (female) concubines.  Also "maid servants".  Plus access to their wives "maid servants".  Also (female) prisoners of war.  In addition, by Bible Law, Rape is an acceptable way of gaining a wife.  Prostitution with female hookers was just fine.

Anyone who thinks that Biblical marriage, is between one man and one woman, clearly has never read the Book.

In addition, in the present time, when we speak of marriage, there is the idea of partnership.  In the Bible, women are property.  Consider the Ten Commandments.

Exodus 20:17

Thou shalnot covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalnot covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

This prohibition is not against coveting the neighbor.  Not even against coveting the female neighbor.  She is not your neighbor.  She belongs to the neighbor.  Along with his house, his ox and his ass.

Of course, we can still crack wise about coveting the neighbor's ass.

I'm going to take the high road and not do that.

[smilie=happydance.gif] 

The point remains, that when women are property, even the concept of marriage, as we now use the term, is dubious.  Does a man actually "marry" his property?  

Edited by jonathanlobl, 07 April 2019 - 05:57 AM.

• Cousin Ricky and JadeBlackOlive like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users