Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Both party establishments gang up against Ilhan Omar

- - - - - ilhan omar donald trump israel aipac

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

As I'm sure most of you heard last month, freshman congresswoman Ilhan Omar drew fire from both Republicans and corporate Democrats in March after they intentionally misconstrued her comments as antisemitic.

https://www.npr.org/...d-anti-semitism

Equating criticism of the Israeli government with antisemitism has been a longstanding feature of American politics.  Never mind that the people making this argument are the ones drawing an equivalence between the corrupt right wing Israeli government and the entire Jewish community.  That's like saying Donald Trump represents all Christians or the entire white working class of the US.

Never mind also that Ilhan Omar criticized the NRA and other lobbying groups along with her criticism of AIPAC.  Never mind that she went after Saudi Arabia for the same reasons she did Israel, and likewise called for a boycott of Saudi Arabia.

Let them also overlook the fact that Donald Trump is a litany of antisemitic rhetoric, who counts Neo Nazis and white supremacists as his most ardent supporters.

https://theintercept...loyalty-israel/

The establishment hates Ilhan Omar because she refuses to stay silent.  Ironically, earlier this year, the Democratic establishment loved Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and AOC, parading them around as "women of color" who are the new face of the party.  However, they were supposed to shut up, smile, and serve as the party's identity politics platform.  They weren't supposed to say or do anything related to actual policy.  Unfortunately for the establishment, Omar, Tlaib, and AOC among other progressive newcomers got elected on those very policies designed to shake up the status quo.  The establishment is not used to people who have voices of their own and are willing to fight back.

Unhinged right wingers (read: right wingers) have been sending death threats to these three on a consistent basis.

Omar has also gone after another sacred cow of the Dem establishment, by criticizing Obama's policies.

https://splinternews...bama-1833155671

If you ask me, she's making all the right enemies.

• Ungodly, Cousin Ricky and Aging Disgracefully like this

The new Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy: Massacre a crowd of civilians, draw a target around them, and declare they were all terrorists.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 21,667 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Equating criticism of the Israeli government with antisemitism has been a longstanding feature of American politics.  

It bothers me quite a bit that this has been going on for years. At the same time showing compassion or offering humanitarian aid to Palestinians is viewed with deep suspicion if not as outright treason. I submit that compassion is never wrong.

Never mind also that Ilhan Omar criticized the NRA and other lobbying groups along with her criticism of AIPAC.  Never mind that she went after Saudi Arabia for the same reasons she did Israel, and likewise called for a boycott of Saudi Arabia.

When the Ilhan Omar is anti-semitic scandal was invented I tried to find a quote attributed to her that was in fact anti-semitic. I had no success.

The right wing/False News invents these scandals out of thin air and the rest of the media piles on, so that they are not caught missing the story!  Any attempt at critical analysis is carefully buried on Sunday morning TV when 95% of the muggles are asleep or in church/mosque/temple./synagogue  Even then the talking heads chosen for news analysis are never independent thinkers or even slightly radical.

• Cousin Ricky and Frozenwolf150 like this

Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ilhan omar, donald trump, israel, aipac

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users