Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Israel Voted

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

A week ago, Israel voted.  The Far Right Politicians and Religious Orthodoxy Won.

https://www.timesofi...tm_medium=email

Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

From what I gathered, both parties were equally horrible, as they were competing to see who could promise to brutalize the Palestinians more.  Kind of reminds me of our own two party system.

The new Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy: Massacre a crowd of civilians, draw a target around them, and declare they were all terrorists.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

From what I gathered, both parties were equally horrible, as they were competing to see who could promise to brutalize the Palestinians more.  Kind of reminds me of our own two party system.

Israel has a Parlimentary system.  I won't pretend to understand the fine points of coalition building.  It hurts my head just thinking about it.  A few points were clear enough, even to me.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, was under investigation for corruption.  He held onto power by bringing the far right Orthodox and Ultra Orthodox minority parties into the governing coalition.  In other words, the worst elements of Israel's fringe religious crazies, are now part of the coalition.

About 90 percent of Israel is Secular.  Not Atheist, but Secular.  You won't know that by seeing who's in political power.  The very worst that Israel has to offer.

Here's the nasty part.  The Secular majority voted them into power, knowing what they were doing.  Oh, the shame.  The horror.  There will be consequences.

• Frozenwolf150 likes this
Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users