Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Atheist and Agnostic American (Dem) Voters in 2020

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts
  • LocationJackson Heights (NYC)

Surprise.  Among Atheist Democrats, it's Bernie.  Also among Agnostics.

In second place, it's Biden.

https://friendlyathe...utm_content=361

I get Bernie's appeal.  Biden?  Why?

Edited by jonathanlobl, 04 June 2019 - 01:11 PM.

Minister, Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic (02/20/2002)
"We don't know and we don't care."

Minister, First Church of Atheism (05/10/2008)

"Never trust the clergy!" Jonathan Lobl

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Only time will tell. 

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Only time will tell. 

Indeed.  Time will tell.  Alas, my pessimistic gut is telling me, that the worst possible choice will win.  Again.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Yeah, that worries many of us not from the US.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,810 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Biden is the devil we know.

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

JadeBlackOlive

JadeBlackOlive

Weird Old Bat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Too religious as well.

Jade  Meeow!

Canada

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Biden is the devil we know.

What an awful, stupid reason, to vote for someone.  We know Trump even better.

I would rather vote for Biden than Trump.  I would rather vote for Biden's dog, than Trump.  It's futile.  People are sick of the lesser evil.  At best, Biden is safe.  Safe doesn't win.

Cousin Ricky

Cousin Ricky

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,810 posts
  • LocationSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Biden is safe.  Safe doesn't win.

Tell that to the DNC.

“Keep Your Powder Dry” seems to be their motto.

“Facts seem to roll off a Christian like water off a duck.” —Great Ape

“How much can you actually doubt something and still maintain that you believe it?” —Josh K, “Alpha and Omega”

“You don’t understand. My crisis of faith is over.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Tell that to the DNC.

“Keep Your Powder Dry” seems to be their motto.

From what I can see -- the internal politics of the DNC, outweigh their mission.  In particular, it is more urgent that the Clinton's control the DNC -- than Democrats get elected.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

It's name recognition, and a deluded sense of stability hearkening back to the Obama years.  If we're being honest, Obama wasn't that good.  He ran as a reformer and governed like a functionalist.  He pretended to be progressive, but became a moderate Republican, in his own words.  He was a warmonger, he did the bidding of Wall Street, and his economic recovery primarily benefited the top 1%.  Obama left enough people behind that some who voted for him twice voted for Trump.  Obama's legacy is Donald Trump.

As for my 2020 picks, it's Tulsi, Bernie, and Yang.  It's not mutually exclusive, as one can support them simultaneously.  Warren is a distant fourth because of her weakness on foreign policy, her lack of conviction on taking no corporate PAC money, and her terrible judgment on strategy.  Everyone else is tied for last place.

However, no candidate or party truly represents me, for reasons best summed up in this article from 2016.

https://www.science2...ressives-167253

The new Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy: Massacre a crowd of civilians, draw a target around them, and declare they were all terrorists.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

It's name recognition, and a deluded sense of stability hearkening back to the Obama years.  If we're being honest, Obama wasn't that good.  He ran as a reformer and governed like a functionalist.  He pretended to be progressive, but became a moderate Republican, in his own words.  He was a warmonger, he did the bidding of Wall Street, and his economic recovery primarily benefited the top 1%.  Obama left enough people behind that some who voted for him twice voted for Trump.  Obama's legacy is Donald Trump.

As for my 2020 picks, it's Tulsi, Bernie, and Yang.  It's not mutually exclusive, as one can support them simultaneously.  Warren is a distant fourth because of her weakness on foreign policy, her lack of conviction on taking no corporate PAC money, and her terrible judgment on strategy.  Everyone else is tied for last place.

However, no candidate or party truly represents me, for reasons best summed up in this article from 2016.

https://www.science2...ressives-167253

By the time New York gets the primaries; the field will be a lot smaller.

It's a lot easier to say who I can't stand -- than who I like.

Bill DeBlasio:  The fake Progressive.  He came in with promises of affordable housing.  Nothing.  The corruption scandals are increasing.  He shakes down businesses with City contracts, for campaign contributions.

John Hickenlooper:  A true corporatist slime.  Bad news for health care reform.  

Joe Biden:  Am I the only one who remembers the plagerism scandal?  His touchy feely isn't as bad as Trump's Pussy Grabbing.  I would prefer more contrast.  Bottom line.  The stink of Obama clings to him.  His chief idea is making nice with the Republicans.  The man does not learn from his mistakes.  Or Obama's.  

I feel neutral about most of them:

Mayor Pete:  It's nice that he has a good marriage with his husband.  It would be fun watching him deal with Saudi Arabia, the UAE and the other places where being Gay gets the death penalty.  It would be fun watching the Evangelicals suffer.  Still, being Gay does not qualify him to be President.

Cory Booker:  Interesting, but Newark isn't exactly a legacy to be proud of.

Kamala Harris:  A former State D.A.  A return to Constitutional Lawfulness would be nice.  Besides which, she would add a bit of color to the White House.  (A poor joke.  I couldn't resist.)

Elizabeth Warren:  Trump calls her Pocahantis.  At least one reason to vote for her.  She talks big about reducing corruption.  Does she mean it?

I really like Bernie.

Edited by jonathanlobl, 05 June 2019 - 07:35 PM.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

Biden is more conservative than even Hillary Clinton.  He's a Republican with a "D" next to his name, and is perhaps the worst candidate in the field.  Here are some of the things he's said in the past, in which he still believes today.

https://youtu.be/9VEL5PhKUnY?t=275

Mayor Pete is running on identity politics, and using his gay identity to deflect from criticism of his policies.  His record is nowhere near progressive, but since he's a media darling, hardly anyone talks about it.  He's also the most pro-Israel candidate, and by that I mean an apologist for their war crimes.

https://www.currenta.../all-about-pete

Cory Booker is bought by Big Pharma.  His nickname Corporate Hooker exists for a reason.  His record as mayor of Newark is also quite bad, especially when it comes to public education.

https://www.jacobinm...hools-president

Kamala Harris is a crooked cop.  She kept innocent people in jail, threatened to jail parents of truant schoolchildren, and refused to prosecute Steve Mnuchin after he bribed her campaign.  She's part of the prison-industrial complex, but that's not stopping her from running on black identity politics.

https://www.nytimes....al-justice.html

This is why I said everyone else is tied for dead last.  If any of the above candidates win the nomination, expect a lot of voters to stay home or vote third party, and Trump to get an easy path to reelection.

https://www.salon.co...sing-candidate/

The new Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy: Massacre a crowd of civilians, draw a target around them, and declare they were all terrorists.

jonathanlobl

jonathanlobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

More about Biden.  His donor stink is getting worse.

https://www.youtube....h?v=YS3KgoS93GM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users