Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Possible slowdown in site performance

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Over the next few days or weeks you may notice a relative slowdown in the way this site responds to your web browser.

After almost two years of trying, and what with having hung up the regular day job, I was finally able to get a change working correctly in the way the online shopping sites hosted here respond to search engines. As a result we are likely to get google-bombed.

The idea of the shopping sites, the reason they were first conceived, is to try to offset the costs of renting our own dedicated server. The primary reason for the server is to host sites like this that oppose the Repugnican Agenda and confront the evils of Fundamentalist religious activities. So the stores are meant to produce some income to offset the costs of running it all. So far we have not yet reached the break even point, but we have nudged a 50% return during a few months.

With the changes I was able to implement today, the shopping sites may eventually get higher ranks in search engine results. This would result in more traffic on the store sites and should then bring more sales.

We are spending about $200 a month on hosting, bandwidth, and domain name registration costs for the 58 sites of mine and the 13 guest sites hosted here.  If you intend to do some online shopping anyway, you're welcome to try one of the shopping sites listed here.

And please excuse any temporary slowdowns you might notice over the next week or two.

Thanks!
Steve

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
As of 10:25AM PDT on Thursday 10/19, the Google-bombing has begun.  So far the server seems to be holding up OK.

If it seems slow when you're online, it's all my fault.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users