Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Texas Repugnicans Call Demoncratic Appelate Court Candidate a Professed Atheist

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,830 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
The Repugnican Party in Texas has accused a Demoncratic opponent for an appellate court position of the crime of being an atheist. Of course it is not literally illegal for a person to be an atheist, yet. See this article.

The Constitution of the US clearly indicates that no test of religious affliction may be used to qualify or disqualify a person from holding a public office. In other words, a person is not required to suffer from a religious affliction in order to hold public office in the US.

In their ridiculous campaign drivel the Party of Jesus went so far as to slur the Demoncratic candidate by saying

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
[quote author=Ungodly link=topic=150.msg936#msg936 date=1161357530]

I feel sorry for the intelligent, thinking, rational people in the state of Texas because their government has been hijacked by a gang of thugs in sheep

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
The Texas Constitution
Article 1 - BILL OF RIGHTS
Section 4 - RELIGIOUS TESTS
No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office, or public trust, in this State; nor shall any one be excluded from holding office on account of his religious sentiments, provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest

provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being.

I do! I do! There actually are a lot of Supreme beings. Anyone who can cook better than me is a supreme being at cooking and so on and so on, so what's the beef, right?

I saw a girl walk by the Barbershop today that was definitely a Supreme being. YOWSUH!!! :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I suppose it could be argued that Dianna Ross is a supreme being!  :snork_lach:

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

The Texas Constitution
Article 1 - BILL OF RIGHTS
Section 4 - RELIGIOUS TESTS
No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office, or public trust, in this State; nor shall any one be excluded from holding office on account of his religious sentiments, provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being.

However the US Constitution overrides that, according to the Supreme Court case Torcaso v Watkins in 1961.

http://www.religious...e.org/texas.htm

So if those bible humping hicks want to live in a place where it's okay to discriminate against people on the basis of religion, or lack thereof, they should consider moving to Iran.  See how they like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users