Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The fight for secularism

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I seem to remember this being brought up - not sure if it was here, or "elsewhere." This article in TIME MAGAZINE EUROPE suggests that the real battle-lines being drawn up are not between religions, but beween people of religion and secularists.

This really isn't surprising. In a way, all religious and supernatural beleifs support each other. They all share a beleif in "another realm" which follows completely different rules from our natural universe but which can in unpredictable and untestable ways interact with it - and bestow power on those who can convince the sheep that they have some kind of control over this interaction. But we, the athesist and rationalists, challenge that beleif right at its roots, and that makes us dangerous to all of them.
:fi_lone_ranger:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I seem to remember this being brought up - not sure if it was here, or "elsewhere." This article in TIME MAGAZINE EUROPE suggests that the real battle-lines being drawn up are not between religions, but beween people of religion and secularists.

I agree completely! We often see members of various Sky Daddy cults banding together to oppress the dangerous people that have adopted a reality-based LifeStyle Choice

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
This is such a dangerous time. I have seen many wars and battles and the one thing that is true to them all is, once you eliminate the "common enemy" the groups will turn on each other and that is called civil war. Remember what happened over at EA when the fundies were all run off? The situation in Iraq is the same. Now that the tyrant is gone you have the Sunnis, Kurds and Sheites all at each others throats. We are communal animals and the strongest bonds are created when we have a common adversary, be it something created by nature (Katrina) or something man made (Republican)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users