Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mac

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Apple products are the best (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Apple products are the best

1. I agree (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. I do not disagree (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Dax

Dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
It says in the description of this little corner of the forum that I'm even allowed to discuss my iPod. Well, iPods kick rear ends we call ass! So, my question is, does Mac rule or does Mac not unrule?

And yes, this poll is completely unbiased and fair!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
This site was designed on a Mac. Well, really on 2 Macs. I use a 20" Intel iMac during the business day and most other times I'm using a Dual G5 Power Mac.

I use my PowerBook when I'm not using my iMac or Power Mac, unless, of course, I'm using my Mac Mini.

The nicest thing about the Macs might be that they don't run Windows (unless you want them to), or it might be that the hardware is so damn excellent. I wish everybody could see the display on this iMac, it is so absolutely there.

OS X rules the waves.

And, well, the total domination of the iPod is well documented everywhere the subject comes up.

Dax

Dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
You have a PowerMac, iMac and PowerBook? I worship you! All I have is a 4G monochrome iPod (2 years old now) and a PowerBook... next on the list is a 20" iMac, a MacBook Pro, an iPod nano for when I'm running and a 5G 60GB iPod (hopefuly a 6G 80 or 100 GB). But heck, I'm just a student.

The Antipodean

The Antipodean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationEarth
Could you have at least included an option for "Don't know, never used one"?

I have always had my cheapo ex corporate beasties, not a Mac among them. Current toy is a Compaq Evo, not bad for $600, even got an upgrade to a DVDrw after I complained about an overheating harddrive.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
My son in law works for wild bill gates as a developer. Both grandbabies premees and MS paid for both births 100%.
All software and repairs are free. Parts periphials and add ons free. I'll stick with my custom alien pc and ms.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts

My son in law works for wild bill gates as a developer. Both grandbabies premees and MS paid for both births 100%.
All software and repairs are free. Parts periphials and add ons free. I'll stick with my custom alien pc and ms.

That's a pretty sweet deal you have going there, Id keep it too! Alien PCs are among the very best.

I supply my frail old mother with a new PC every few years, and I pay for her Internet access too. She is quite old, as you might imagine since I'm very, very old and she's my mother.

I'd love to buy her a Mac Mini next time she needs a computer, but I hesitate to force such an elderly person to learn a whole new user interface.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Of course he did blow up (figurtively) my machine last weekend by trying to update it with MSs latest and greatest security updates.

I don't know about changing Mom over to a mac. Sometimes learning new stuff is good for older folks but other times its just frustrating. Think I'd stick to what she knows and let her be blissful in her mac ignorance. :D

Dax

Dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Could you have at least included an option for "Don't know, never used one"?

I have always had my cheapo ex corporate beasties, not a Mac among them. Current toy is a Compaq Evo, not bad for $600, even got an upgrade to a DVDrw after I complained about an overheating harddrive.

No can do... never used one before, get ya'r ass out of this thread! :D

Axiom

Axiom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUSA
[quote name='"Dax"]It says in the description of this little corner of the forum that I'm even allowed to discuss my iPod. Well' date=' iPods kick rear ends we call ass! So, my question is, does Mac rule or does Mac not unrule? [/quote']
Yes, the Macs are the best. We have an old UMac from way back, still runs great, the newest is our G5 and the fun on the net I do on a powerbook. So there, decent Atheist own a Mac. And then, because those others, like the christians, ruin the appearance of our web sites: just to test what happens on "them", we have a little @#$%^. What a piece of [smilie=dunceblock.gif]

Axiom

Those ads for Apple now are funny - the two guys talking to each other, how the loser is always so clueless.

Tuff Dominick

Tuff Dominick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUK
How do I set an avatar on this board?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts

How do I set an avatar on this board?

Go to your profile, it is the bottom section. You can upload your own avatar as long as it is no more than 100 pixels wide or high nor more than 8K in file size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users