Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blessed Be Richard Dawkins; Patron Saint of Rational Thought

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I pop in to the Huffington Post site quite often. Today there is an extremely juicy guest editorial by Richard Dawkins.

I'm sure many of our thought-enabled members will enjoy his comments on Intellijint Dezine. :bounce:

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Nice read.  We love Dawkins at this house.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
What I've been saying all along.  ID is just another bad analogy.  In order for the analogy to hold, either the designer requires a designer itself, or if the designer does not then we can simply postulate life without design and cut out the middleman.

Design itself is an evolutionary trait.  The only reason we have any concept of what it is to design something is because we are a toolmaking species, and it was this ability that gave our ancestors a survival advantage.  Nuff said.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

I pop in to the Huffington Post site quite often. Today there is an extremely juicy guest editorial by Richard Dawkins.

I'm sure many of our thought-enabled members will enjoy his comments on Intellijint Dezine. :bounce:

I just finished reading this article by R. Dawkins.  It was great.  I really enjoyed the comments after the article.There is so much info to digest. I often find myself getting bogged down in reading this stuff because there is just too much to think about and understand.  Then I don't remember any of it.  My meager little limited brain just can't process it all. 
I am trying to apply a stategy as I read articles posted here in the forum or elsewhere. I look for one or two things I can take away from an article and think about or apply to life etc.

What I am taking away from "Why There Almost Centainly Is No God" is the Chamberlain/Churchill analogy.  I have always pooh poohed the extreme religious views but been kind and gentle toward the mainstreamers because they are my friends. There can be no appeasement of supernaturalism no matter who it is.

Now how will I apply this to my life?
I am going to aggressively not appease my mainstreamer friends  Posted Imagebut be kind and gentle as I do itPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users