Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Penn & Teller Speak Out Against Religion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,614 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Wired News has an article about Lost Wages illusionists and critical thinkers Penn & Teller.

These guys are really cool. I've seen Penn Gillette up close and personal at a JREF convention (TAM 4) in Lost Wages. He's a big guy and he projects a don't fuck with me persona, but he is also a very intelligent and well spoken man. We admire him at our house.

Penn is more the extroverted and outspoken member of the famous duo, but I have heard it said that Teller is the real brains behind the operation.

Once upon a time my lovely husband and I put suits on to attend our son's wedding. There was a comment made that the two of us looked like Penn & Teller, certainly not an offensive remark to us, so we posed for this photo.  You decide.

Posted Image

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I never heard of these 2.  :Sad: Now I have another reason to ignore all the housework etc as I get caught up on reading about them.  They are so funny.
And yes, you all do look like them.  :snork_lach:

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Penn & Teller!

Now do some magic.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
Yeah but some people don't like them because they find P&T rude and offensive... :roll:

Which is when I usually bring up the fact that the charlatans they mock on their show "Bullshit!" are there, not because P&T are shoving a camera in their faces and forcing them to make them say something they don't want to, but because they are convinced that their beliefs are bulletproof and beyond scrutiny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users