Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Atheist Michael Newdow in Court Action Against Jeebustarian Preacher

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,828 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Michael Newdow is a famous atheist who took his daughter's Sacramento area school to court to defend her right to refrain from praying to an Imaginary Bearded Sky Daddy. Because he stood up in public against the shared delusional belief in a magic boogeyman behind the sky, he became a favorite target of the spiteful Fundamentalist hate mongers.

One of these hate mongers for Jeebus told a lie about Mr Newdow in print, and Michael is suing the miscreant for libel. In a court decision today the Jeebus preacher's motion for dismissal was denied.

Mister Newdow is a brave man. Standing up to the hatred of religious fanatics requires courage. You can see a story here.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I have always admired his courage. Will be awaiting his new suits as stated below from your article.

Dr. Newdow has two new suits pending before the 9th Circuit. One uses new plaintiffs to make the same argument against use of the pledge in public schools. The other suit challenges the use of the words "In God We Trust" on American currency.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

One of these hate mongers for Jeebus told a lie about Mr Newdow in print, and Michael is suing the miscreant for libel.

Good for him! I'd gladly contribute to his cause if I could. He may soon be even more famous than O'Hair was in her heyday. Any thorn in the side of the right-wing hate-mongers is a good thing.

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
To contribute to Dr. Newdow's position.

http://www.evolvefis...ish/newdow.html

I would want all of us to stand up for our rights.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I consider Mr. Newdow to be a hero, and I wish there were many more like him. I wonder why there isn't?

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier

I consider Mr. Newdow to be a hero, and I wish there were many more like him. I wonder why there isn't?

Mr. Newdow is one of the least popular people in America right now. Those who stand up against popular delusions and go against the flow get ostracized, threatened, or worse. I expect the guy probably gets a lot of death threats.

It's too hard to fight strongly held delusions for a lot of people, but those who do are remembered for it. Elizabeth Cady Stanton comes to mind...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users