Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Aussie Imam: Women are "Meat"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
The shite is hitting the fan in Australia over an imam's controversial statements comparing women who dress in Westernized clothes to "uncovered meat," who are asking for rape cuz them poor little mens can't control themselves.

Rape Sympathizers Suck

"If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside... and the cats come and eat it... whose fault is it, the cats' or the uncovered meat?" he asked.

The uncovered meat is the problem, he went on to say.

"If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred," he added.

Sheikh Hilali also condemned women who swayed suggestively and wore make-up, implying they attracted sexual assault.

"Then you get a judge without mercy... and gives you 65 years," he added.

Yeah, stupid activist judges. They can't understand that "cats" just can't resist "meat," doncha know. Obviously the solution is to lock the woman away from public view for the rest of her life. Jackass.

And aren't there any men out there who resent it being implied that they can't control themselves and are ruled by the "other" head? These comments are insulting to both genders.

And just FYI, some Muslim teenagers gang-raped a couple of girls last year in the same city as this imam spewed his so-called wisdom.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,614 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
This is the type of comment that is so obviously and completely despicable that only religion could possibly be used to justify it.

I'm glad to see that this sexist clown has been forced to retreat from his hate speech. And it is somewhat encouraging to see that Australia's Prime Minister condemned this remark quite explicitly.

I'm afraid we must be prepared for more of this type of nonsense until the glorious day when it will be those who are afflicted with religious beliefs who are considered odd or unusual instead of the current situation in which those who choose a reality-based lifestyle are suspect.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
[smilie=holyshit.gif]

When I first read that, it reminded me of P.Robertson  [smilie=dunce.gif], for some reason...I guess becuase it smacks so much of stupidity and willful ignorance. He likens women to spoiled meat? What a peice of work! I sincerely hope his resignation will be forced - but I refuse to hold my breath!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Any "man" that compares other men to uncontrolable predators, is likely to be one. What is more important is that he is also not a man. A man is a male human who has absolute control of his primal urges and absolute willpower to not harm or allow to be harmed, any person weaker than himself. If I saw a beautiful woman walking down the street in a seductive outfit, I, like most men, would be naturally attracted. The difference comes in what you do next. If you can't control yourself and the result is rape, you are not a man. You are a coward and a punk. I think the penalty for rape should be death or life imprisonment. There is no excuse.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
"If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside... and the cats come and eat it... whose fault is it, the cats' or the uncovered meat?" he asked.

How can it possibly be the fault of the meat, which has no volition at all? If anyone's at fault, it's the "you" of whom he speaks, not the meat! What a terrible analogy.  :icon_frown:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users